Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Pre-order now Shop now

on 11 November 2012
This is an out of copyright omnibus e-book for the usual nominal price. The scanning seems to be fine and almost toally error free, the only problem I've had so far is that there is a map in the book "The Napoleon of Notting Hill" which is referred to in the text but is too small to read on a Kindle. Can't complain, it's another shelf full of books for less than £2.00!
If you like Father Brown stories and would like to read more by the same author it's a great buy.
on 29 June 2013
The content is available as free ebooks so why pay a couple of pounds for this edition? Because it's well laid out, nicely illustrated and consolidates everything in one download. A rare example of a public domain sourced publication being worth the (small) asking price.
on 17 February 2013
This is great value and contains all the other £5+ books selling in the Chesterton category

There are even more Chesterton books in The Catholic Way Collected Works version, at the same price. Depends which side of Chesterton you want to read, or you could buy both.

One very irritating thing is that my downloaded copy doesn't have the Index shown in the "Inside" part, I seem to be missing the first 2 pages of the book.

but other than that, no complaints. So I'm happy to pay for the collection, just infuriating that I don't have the Index. would be 5 stars if I had it
on 23 February 2016
The publisher has track record of these complete works. Well laid out and great value for money. For a small out lay over time it is possible to build a library online of these collections. Looks best on colour and on newer kindle fire hdx a large number can be stored on devise. It is possible to bookmark to move between works.
on 22 January 2014
I read The Man who was Thursday when I as an undergraduate (don't ask) and decided to re-acquaint myself with GKC. As a Kindle e-book this is well produced, but I did find his style rather journalistic and dated. His stories are quirky and fun but he does indulge in linguistic idiosyncrasies with a frequency that becomes a little tiresome. I will read more but I confess to a little disappointment with GKC -- surely an idiosyncrasy of my own!
on 8 March 2016
I am revisiting my childhood. My father loved Chesterton and read his works to us occasionally. I love his descriptive powers
on 17 May 2015
Best English speaking author since Shakespeare!
on 8 April 2016
Enjoying this collection very much. Thanks.
on 1 March 2013
I am re-reading the Father Brown stories that I last read as a child. Still good and very entertaining. at least to me. One story show racist attitudes of the day.
on 2 December 2015