on 11 June 2013
Having recently become a user of the CS6 photoshop I needed to up my skills regarding understanding the huge array of tools that are now available . Having an up-to-date manual is one thing - but this is a classroom in a book as well and connects to some excellent lessons to help improve understanding of this monster of a program.

I give it five stars because of its useful nature in the field of learning
on 28 June 2014
This book is very useful. I have never used photoshop. Nevertheless, it is still very clear and easy to understand. My husband has used photoshop for a while. He has found many useful tips for him too. So would definitely recommend
on 23 October 2014
I am currently studying for my Adobe Certified Associate, I'm half way through the book and it is helping me so much already, even if you are a beginner or intermediate, this will help you! perfect study material!
on 24 October 2012
I am new to Mac and Photoshop - this book is good and well laid out BUT I do not learn as well from reading instructions and wish I'd thought of this before buying it. I now know that there is an option to learn from video tutorials.
I am not criticising this book but would advise taking account of your personal learning style before buying it - it's fairly expensive and I don't think I'll get full value from it. If you learn more easily from watching someone doing something then this book is not the easiest method to chose.
If you know some Photoshop basics already then it will probably be useful and fill in some gaps - handy to keep as a reference if you forget some tool functions or want to expand your knowledge.
on 1 November 2013
So far I have found this series really user friendly! In each lesson you are required to use the knowledge you have gained from the previous lessons, so you are putting the skills you develop in to practise as you progress through each book. Anyone creatively inclined should also appreciate the effort that has gone in to matching the branding with the software.
on 3 July 2012
i am a beginner, this book is very good for me. easy to follow, step by step.
but, the soft ware is sooooooo expensive
on 12 February 2013
Great book and very easy to follow.

A must buy if you're a beginner to photoshop.

I'm doing the book from cover to cover so I don't miss any, as I am only a beginner on this. Absolutely love it!
on 14 July 2013
This book is definitely not for beginners so, before spending money on it, consider that you will need to set aside time every day to work through it systematically from beginning to end, class by class. Unless you use Adobe Photoshop in a professional capacity, and are extremely interested in photographic reproduction for print output, I'd forget it. If you are, then I'd say it's brilliant. Personally, I find trial and error the best option.
on 30 December 2012
Excellent book with a good basic layout and teaching. Easy to follow with lots of tips which is what is needed with such a large software package as Photoshop.. Currently working through it.
on 16 March 2013
Very clear guidance and a must if you want to get the best from the Photoshop software and get good