Customer reviews

1,892
Philips BG2036/32 Series 3000 Showerproof Body Groomer with Back Hair Attachment for Easy Reach
Style: Series 5000 Showerproof with Back attachment|Change

on 30 September 2016
I bought this back in April so have had time to give it a good few uses, it is, as others have said, very low powered (I guess that's the downside of it being battery powered) and you have to go over the same areas a few times to get a nice clean trim.
It takes ages doing this and so a short trim takes about 15 minutes or more.

It's going in the bin now, a waste of £19, the search continues for a better shaver.
on 10 April 2016
Really poor battery, you have to charge it each time before you use it. I also have a Phillips Norelco which can be used weekly on a single charge and lasts for months. The Norelco I would say is also more powerful so gives a closer shave quicker than this Series 7000. The double ended trimmer is a good idea but poor battery life really lets this product down.
on 30 June 2015
As a shaver without the guards it's great, the handle makes back maintenance easy which used to be my partners job. It shaves visually smooth which is what I wanted as with my sensitive skin waxing and shaving gives me a harsh rash, this does not.

With the guards I found it struggled to trim chest/leg hair to the desired length and clogged up really easily, I gave up and cracked out the larger clippers. I don't think I will bother with the guards again. I would have gave it 5 stars otherwise.

Really good product and highly recommended especially for removal of back hair, I just hope the battery lasts longer than my last Phillips groomer which stopped working completely after 12 months.

Amazon delivery was super quick and very well packed as always.
on 22 January 2016
Unless you have super dense thick hair this product isn't that brilliant at training hair with the supplied length guards, however with a little effort and a little more time then desired you can get pretty good results from this product.

The Charing stand is a nice added bonus
on 3 June 2016
It's good, not exactly what I expected as it did say that it could be bi-directional so there would be no pulling on hairs but I have had small nicks. Apart from that good value, cheaper to buy it here than in my work in a large health and beauty retailer.
on 1 July 2016
at first i was a little sceptical as to the efficiency of such a small and cheap item. i was proved totally wrong. i happen to be very hairy and it coped very well. not only that but it did not nick me once! and that is a first. not even on the scrotum! thanks philips. i will be back for your larger rechargeable model, as the battery does not last long with my quantity of hair. but do not let this point put you off. it is an excellent piece of kit.
on 21 August 2014
It's pretty decent. That said, the attachment is not great. It kind of thins hair down rather than making any sort of distinct cut.

Using it without the attachment, it does well. Works fine in the shower, and the charge lasts both in use, and if you leave it for weeks between use. Easy enough to charge, although the dock for it is fidgety, and the wire can be easily knocked out from the port. Could do with a more substantial fitting there.

It's easy to clean. The foil comes off without difficulty, and also gave me no issues on hairs being pulled, rather than cut.
on 22 August 2016
This Philips body groomer certainly shaved cleanly and smoothly without skin irritation or cuts, also this product is quite quiet and comfortable to hold, the shaving head is a good size and allows your to shave in almost any nook or cranny. The only downside is the cutting blades for longer hairs get clogged up quite quickly, even if like me you aren't particularly hairy to begin with, but even this isn't much if a problem as any hair is easily removed by putting the head of the device under a medium heat tap for a couple of seconds.
on 31 July 2016
Did not think it possible to get such a good groomer for this price. This thing just works, it is easy to understand, comfortable and ergonomic. Waterproof means this can be used in the shower when you're in a hurry. The shaving side is not the greatest )I've had but I've always been a fan of safety razors). Also the charge dock seems slightly odd and not that sturdy, luckily the battery last a long time.
on 27 February 2016
Forget any other body trimmer. This one is by far the best one.
This is my 2nd, and I also tried the babiliss pro, the everyone says to be great. It is good, but the material is poor plastic.
This Philips 7000, is solid, and the head is movable, which helps on some areas of the body.
I don't understand why there are some negative feedbacks regarding this product.
I definitely recommend this absolutely great trimmer.