on 14 November 2017
Lila wanted to become a firework maker like her father, Lalchand, but he says she can't. So she sets off on an adventure to try and prove her father wrong.

I like this book because it was written by a sheer genius, Philip Pullman, who uses language to make you feel as if you're in the the story at the time.

People who are confident and determined to reach their goals would like Lila because she is very daring and confident.

Also, anybody who like adventure books would love this!

MW
on 18 November 2017
I bought this for my daughter to get her to read a proper book, rather than just things like The Diary of a Wimpy Tom Gates... not that I have anything against those type of books, but I just feel Philip Pullman is a great author and you can get so much more out of a book like this. She loved it.
on 27 August 2017
Love this story. Used with Year 3/4 as part of an 'Extreme Earth' topic. It engaged both boys and girls and it's a book I'm sure they will remember.
on 10 February 2016
We are using this book in school as our key text with a year 4 class. They are thoroughly enjoying it and we have used it for a range of literacy tasks e.g - retelling using description, writing passages of speech, letter writing, play writing and reviews.
on 8 June 2014
I was under the impression this was the novel, not a script. I know the book well and quickly glanced the description - which did not state it was a script. This is not the authors fault, rather it is Amazon, who has let the side down here and subsequently I have just wasted £5. I feel very let down in Kindle by this. Sort it out Amazon - not good customer service
on 13 April 2018
I'm catching up on some older Pullman, as I started with "His Dark Materials".

Those kids he taught were extremely lucky to have him - and vice versa!
on 17 March 2017
Arrived quickly and as advertised
on 26 March 2018
A very enjoyable read in a style attractive to younger readers but fun to read as an adult.
on 20 March 2018
As always, Pullman delivers a good story. Granddaughter (aged 7) loved it and dressed up as the main character, Lila, for World Book Day.
on 15 April 2018
Brilliant story, can’t go wrong with Phillip Pullman. Speedy delivery.