Size: 500g|Colour: Black|Change

on 10 June 2016
Not sure why amazon wants me to say whether a tub of wax (used as a polish/waterproofer/leather softener) fits as expected when the item concerned is not even clothing. I've ticked the box saying it fits as expected (just for the hell of it). Turning now to the product that I purchased. A tub of wax with other ingredients specifically bought so that I could treat some leather shoes and trainers and polish/waterproof, and soften the leather on them. The Gold Label Dubbin seems to do it's job well. In my opinion a worthwhile purchase that justifies a 4 out of 5 star review rating. I do not own a horse and therefore did not buy to treat a saddle, riding boots, or a harness etc.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 28 September 2014
Good sized tub of natural (white) coloured dubbin, bought for treating a number of pairs of boots used for dog-walking and generally standing around in wet fields dog-training. Easy to apply and work in, especially when it warms up a little and goes clear rather than white. I use either a little dauber brush or a cloth, then it takes a few hours to really penetrate and leaves the boots both supple and proofed. Very effective also on my leather messenger bag for work.
Very pleased with this and would thoroughly recommend
on 19 June 2014
does exactly what it says really good waterproofing for my hiking boots should last for ages , was delivered really quick & I'm really happy with my purchase would recommend this to anyone , hope this helps
on 4 January 2016
Good product, though not quite what I expected. Previous dubbins, I've had before, had more of a "gel" like consistency. This one has a more solid, waxy consistency. It is fine and easy enough to apply, but seems to stay on the leather surface, rather than soaking in, therefore I have to apply it quite often, to maintain a water-repellant finish.
on 4 March 2016
Very impressed with this stuff. It has revived several pairs of tired old boots and shoes. They all drank the stuff up, and then a second coat soaked in more slowly. They all look and feel great now. Also tested on a small area of a dry looking leather sofa and it has worked a treat, so will be treating that soon. I went for the 500ml pot and it will last a LONG time. Be a while till I need anymore but when I do I'll come straight back for this.
on 18 August 2016
I used this on my leather hat and it has completely restored it after only a light application. The colour has darkened slightly which I don't mind as my hat had previously been left in direct sunlight so was faded on one side and the leather had a damaged feel to it on this side.
I used a soft bristled brush to apply the conditioner which left it with a tacky, waxy feel for a short while but after a few hours it feels like excellent supple leather again and rainwater just beads and runs off it.
on 16 February 2016
I brought this product for my leather football boots, and it does what it should. Gives a clean Finnish to by boots making them shine on the pitch. On the days that there is mud on the pitch is when this stuff comes in handy the clear layer it leaves make cleaning my boots after the game a breeze, along as i do it straight after. Overall a great product and you get plenty of it.
on 21 June 2015
Old fashioned products sometimes work best. Take dubbin. Get good quiality boots but work in them roughly, reguarly. Appearance less important than water resilience and life. Could buy spray, to maintain waterproof. Or do it the old way: apply dubbin, thickly, and at this price, relatively cheaply. I use a thick sponge, you might use a brush. Boots waterproof. Minor amount used, loads more for loads more applications.Boots flex beautifully. Happy punter.
on 4 April 2016
Dubbin is a quality leather product and my order was received on time. The size I ordered was Quite small but it was all I needed at this time. A larger tub is much better if you have a lot of leather to treat, which is what I may order at a later date.
on 28 April 2016
A very good product that actually works, our hiking boots feel softer and more
pliable and seem totally water repellent. Used this product years ago on my
football boots and it always seemed to work for me then too.