Customer reviews

NET1 Portable Netball System

on 17 October 2016
I bought this system in Nov 2014. The post itself is great but I, like a number of others, have had problems with the net. It literally just turns to dust after a period of time. The first disintegrated after 13 months. I replaced it with one I had to pay for from Ventura as it was outside their 12 month warranty. That replacement has also now disintegrated after less than 8 months. I have had some interesting conversations with the seller about weather conditions and about how another customer found a cat hanging off her net. Describing the net as an "all weather net" as it is described on the website, in my opinion, is contrary to the trades description act.
on 4 October 2015
dont normally write a review but thought i would as so disappointed in this item it cost me a lot of money and after 6 months it fell apart literally i have been sent a new one which my husband is building tomorrow but if it wasnt for my daughters being upset and wanting this i wouldnt bother rebuilding a new one.
i wouldnt waste my money on this netball post i was so excited to give this to my daughters but i have wasted my hard earned money
on 4 August 2016
This netball system was purchased for my daughter who is netball mad. We researched several other similar systems currently available, but they all had mixed reviews. We took a gamble on this one and my daughter is delighted, spending hours in the garden practicing her netball skills. The item is robust and extremely well made. The instruction manual was comprehensively written with easy to follow assembly directions and accompanying illustrations.
on 10 June 2017
bought this for the grankids no more boring times at grans put it high for older ones and lower for the younger ones lots of fun in the garden
on 20 September 2017
great
on 1 April 2017
Perfect for the garden, easy to move around. Great product
on 22 March 2014
I bought this for my niece and nephew to use at our house when they come here. It is a little high for them so we have left one of the poles off. Great quality and not a bad price
on 11 June 2017
Excellent piece of equipment
on 24 June 2015
fab netball post... Adjustable sizes. Definitely recommend.
on 15 September 2015
Firstly, I did not purchase this system from Amazon but thought my comments may be of some use to others. I purchased this system, in red, in Aug 13 from NetballUK and my first impressions were that it was very good. I like the way that the height of the hoop can be adjusted to accommodate my daughter as you grows. It is also very sturdy when it is filled with water.
The minuses are that the base which has a curved surface that has an annoying ability of sending the ball shooting off in any direction as it falls through the net and strikes the angled base. The ball doesn't always drop straight down onto the top section.
Also the net will disintegrate in the space of less than 1 year. The first lasted 11 months and the manufacturers replaced it for free. That second one has now also done the same thing just a year later. It is clearly not made of weatherproof materials and literally turns to dust. It is not misuse that causes it. The incredibly annoying thing is that that this particular system is unique in having only 9 hanging points for the net loops. All other hoops have 12 so this means that the ONLY source for spare nets is the original manufacturer Net1. Of course, I have had to pay for the third net myself, and also for the postage, but even though I was assured that I would have it within a couple of days I am still waiting for it 8 days later. I called them and they said that it had only just been posted some 7 days later. This is totally unacceptable for an item that was paid for by a customer, especially as they did have it in stock.
In hindsight I would not recommend a Net1 system to anyone as the combination of the frustrating base design, disintegrating nets and unique 9 loop design make it a real pain in the future.