Customer reviews

on 17 July 2014
What a great item :) Just unpacked and did an inspection. Lovely, thick speaker cable with a red band on one side to show me how to wire up. Will be using between a Pioneer amplifier and a pair of Diamond 9.0 speakers. I know the sound I'm aiming for so know what to expect. All I need is me amp back from repair and then, it's all systems go! Can't wait.

Really nice lookin' stuff, this, and extremely well packed to boot. Two thumbs up and a high five to the seller.

UPDATE: Since I'm still waiting for my main amplifier to come back from the repair shop, I thought I'd test this copper cable out on an older amp with no bass/treble controls to see if it would make any sound difference. It does. I've found that silver cable makes sounds far too bright and takes the bassier sounds almost right out if you can't control the top/middle/bottom frequencies from source. The older amp runs through my mixer and, on the silver cable, I had to run the mixer's bass control round to the stop to get any bass at all. On this copper stuff, I now have it back to centre position and the whole sound is beautiful. That does it for me. No more silver speaker cable. Only copper from now on. That test proves its quality. Getting very good all round sounds even on flat EQ.
on 13 August 2013
This is a good quality cable.
There is cheaper stuff that looks the same but its thinner or aluminium coated with copper. Aluminium wire is also fine but the cable needs to be a fair bit bigger due to the higher resistivity.

The cable is top notch and fits the description. There is a lot of strands in this cable so I've taken the time to solder the ends of the wire to avoid fraying when re-positioning the speakers. Good Banana (double grub screw fixing are best) would achieve the same result.

More exotic speaker cable gets the hard sell by the business but the only real change to the sound is when the wire is too thin, which affects the high frequencies most. If someone is paying out big money for their amp and speakers - its an easy job to make out a system might be incomplete without that extra cost. There's a lot written on the subject and it's worth looking into if your considering spending on "the best" top end speaker wire. roger-russell .com gives a good overview.
In short, if your looking at getting a nice system together, you will get a better sound if you spend more on the amp and speakers / and not on top end interconnects / speaker cable.
on 15 October 2014
Crystal clear sound and discrete flat form can be hidden easily around the skirting board. I already had decent quality cables but needed to move my speakers further away hence this purchase. Don't know whether it's the new speaker positions or the cable, but the sound is definitely better
on 7 February 2014
A good cable which gives a realistic, clear and tranparent sound for a reasonable price. I am vert pleased with this mid-priced cable, which i have used before. Moving my speakers meant I needed a longer run. A happy buyer.
on 3 February 2013
This is excellent quality cable at a very reasonable price. I was surprised how big the core is and on reflection could have bought a size down.
on 2 December 2013
Lovely thick speaker cable! I have no way of being sure without subjecting the cable to extensive metallurgic analysis, but if it is truly oxygen free, for the wire gauge, this cable is a real bargain. A six meter run of this cable showed very low resistance on a multi-meter and that's all that counts to me really (sadly I can't remember the exact figure). The wire is running down my wall, so I wanted it to look nice and chunky and it certainly does!

I'm very happy with this and when I need more cable I won't hesitate to buy this stuff.
on 2 October 2014
Excellent quality cable: exactly what I needed, at a very reasonable price.
on 16 January 2016
Good quality cable, delivered quickly, for free.
What's not to like?
Very pleased. This is proper, multi-stranded cable and the insulation is labelled so you know which terminal is + and -
This is important for correct speaker driver polarity.
on 30 August 2014
Top brand indeed. Sound production very good
on 17 July 2014
Very affordable, decent cable.