Format: DVD|Change

on 22 May 2017
Thanks
on 6 June 2013
First the disclaimer: I love Will Farrell films. I hate the scenes that have Will Farrell in them.

This movie is a spoof of Mexican films. It involves drug dealers, ranchers, and a girl. The plot is immaterial. The fun aspect of the film is the fake sets, fake animals, fake special effects, bad editing and bad acting. This is all done by design. It would have been more realistic if we saw a boom mic lowered into the shot every now and then with a director yelling.

Because I didn't have to listen to Will Farrell in English, for some reason his lines were funnier and I was able to tolerate him. Make no mistake, this is a film for bad movie lovers. If you don't love bad movies, i.e. not a fan of MST 3000 don't bother with this film. Great film for Asylum lovers.

Parental Guide: F-bomb, sex? rear nudity. Only 4 stars. It still had Will Farrell in it.
on 21 February 2013
Despite the negative reviews I took a chance, subtitles don't put me off and I'm a big Ferrel fan. I will openly admit you're not going to be laughing out loud for much of this film but I really enjoyed its rediculous nature. Not sure how previous reviewers didn't appreciate the production values were meant to be low and that this is a parody of bad film. Give it a go you may well enjoy it as much as me and some of the other reviewers.
on 2 January 2015
When I watched the trailer I thought this is for promotional reasons only! It was in Spanish with English subtitles. I could not believe it that the complete movie is as well in Spanish only because the storyline is set in Mexico. Talking animals as well as drug dealers. Not even funny just stupid. I think this Will Ferrells worst film. I can't recommend it.
on 5 January 2015
Ferrell does grindhouse! In Spanish! One of his better movies, it's got some depth to the humour rather than flat out goofy gags.
on 24 May 2014
The only downfall is you have to concentrate on the subtitles rather than Ferrell's epic facial expressions, hence I am watching again
on 30 October 2014
Totally tobacco free.
on 2 July 2013
It wasn't at all what I'd expected, but once I got over the surprise/realisation that I'd have to continue reading subtitles throughout the film - I LOVED IT! I mean, Will Ferrell as a native Spanish-speaking ranchero - what's not to love?
on 29 November 2012
Whoever decided it was hilarious must be easily pleased. I think Will Ferrell is great, this film is a good idea and there were some laugh out loud moments but it's not his best. Worth watching though. 3/5
on 15 April 2014
muy bien.. great subtle humour, a wonderful parody. have a break from the usual hollywood ****.

I like when he blow smoke in the face of the jaguar!