VINE VOICEon 28 February 2014
I wanted to replace the built-in graphics card on my Core i5 Dell desktop. I don't need games performance but I DO need quiet and this product is almost silent (at least with the computer set on the floor) and gives a big boost in general use performance. A good price for a major upgrade.
on 7 December 2013
VERY NICE FOR THE PRICE ALTHOUGH THE FAN IS VERY NOISY! HOWEVER I WOULD RECOMMEND IT FOR ANYONE WHO IS ON A LIMITED BUDGET!
on 1 March 2014
I bought this card to power a mini ITX rig that would be doing some light gaming and power a mavericks installation. I originally didn't want to go with nVidia because they are not very good value for money at this price range, but wanted a card that was tested and had CUDA cores for accelerating the experience in any of the Adobe suite applications.

The trouble is, this card is severely underpowered. It has only 96 CUDA cores (not 384) and whilst it's mentioned in the title - still only comes with 2GB of DDR3 memory. This memory is slow and does hinder the actual use of the memory, at DDR3 speeds - so any more than 1GB is pointless. It is essentially a rebranding of the older architecture and does not benefit from the more recent Kepler architecture which you may expect from a 600 series card (640 and above).

Honestly, if you're in the market for a graphics card that doesn't use much power and can power your applications smoothly, spend that little bit more and grab yourself a 640. It's twice the performance for all of about £10-15 more. I know this is more a criticism of the card itself and I haven't exactly been improperly advertised or sold the card - but it isn't the greatest buy and leaves a lot to be desired in terms of performance.
on 12 July 2013
Bought this card for my old PC that was struggling with modern graphics in everyday surfing.It performs well.Don't hafto wait as long for all the dam adverts to load so I can use the web page.Its an entry level gaming card.If you don't mind playing on a lower spec..This is the card for you.Make sure you have a PSU(power unit) with enough watts to run it.
on 9 November 2013
This GT630 runs Guild Wars 60fps when tweaked and runs old/new games without a hitch, cannot complain about the performance for the price. Unfortunately it is limited, you cannot download the gaming experience for this card, (According to NVidia) you need the minimum GT650 for that and allows for regular updates, which I will save up for. I would Highly recommend this card if you are on a budget. When it comes to compatibility with old/new games, this will do the job for you.
on 16 December 2014
Some of the other reviews I saw didn't seem to be specifically for this card so to be clear, this is a review for a Palit 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT630 card.

This is a well presented generic NVidia card. The cooler fan is silent and the card runs at a comfortable temperature of 35C at idle in a fairly cramped media PC which is a big improvement from the passively cooled card I used before. It has no trouble with HD (bluray) content, general multimedia and provides High Definition audio over HDMI. Its not really suitable for gaming except for old games or maybe some modern games with their settings set to low.

I think this card is an excellent choice for media systems and I would definitely recommend it over passively cooled cards.
on 7 June 2014
My original review complained about the power rating for this card; the Website said it needed a 350W power supply (which mine was), but didn't say it needed to supply 20A on the 12V rail (which mine didn't).

After buying a new power supply, I installed the card and was pleased. It worked first time; it's not too big and so was an easy fit (although it's a double-width card); and it made a big improvement to games playing compared to my motherboard's built-in GMA X4500 card.

Well worth considering as a first gaming card; if you like what you find, you can always purchase something faster still (which I've just done)
on 1 March 2014
This graphics card ain't bad for the price, works quite well with games under the 2012 period since you won't be able to play them on high settings. I've noticed while using this card there hasn't been much of a high difference between this and my old one which came with my VIBOX PC. It hasn't been able to run stuff like FARCRY3 or The Witcher 2 on very high settings, there's some noticable lag on FARCRY3 even on Medium graphics settings. It will definitely run stuff like Half-Life2, ElderScrolls: Oblivion, DOOM3 and other older titles on high settings for a graphical improvement. When you receive this graphics card you'll clearly notice how nice it looks, it has a diamond-quilted look to the front, the fan isn't too bad and the feel of it is quite nice too. The card will take up two slots on your chassis, it comes with a software disc for your NVIDIA experience and gubbings like PhysX or the Thunder Master app which will tell you your systems current temperature for a heads-up if it's working fine.

I feel fairly positive about this card, it's more for older games or artistic/graphical software for people who work with that sort of stuff. But if you're a more hard-core gamer, then save up for a GeForce 650, 660 or 670. They'll cost a pretty penny but if you're into immersion and graphical quality, then save up or get one for christmas. It'll be worth it.
on 14 December 2013
I purchased a 10mtr HDMI cable and adapter for my PC only to find the crappy drivers for my HD2600 card did not output audio on the HDMI cable.
So it's the old card in the bin and a nice new one installed.
What a great graphics card this is, works perfectly with Windows 7 32bit, runs cool as well and no noise at all from the fan
I wanted to output from DVBviewer tuned to ASTRA 19.2 to send the German music channels to my Panasonic LCDTV in another room.
This card coupled to a 10mtr HDMI cable is superb, perfect colour rendering and great sound. Just have to remember not to fall over the cable.
Palit have a good website so I installed the latest drivers and Thundermaster and a restart found my correct monitor and the Panasonic TV on the HDMI cable.
For £37 the Palit card is great value, just wish I purchased it before.
on 27 May 2013
What a great little card for the money. Having no troubles playing modern games
or watching movies etc. Ok it's not gonna blow the mind of a hardcore gamer, but
for people like me who play games, but also have a life it's excellent ^_^

The fan is quiet and the card seems to be low power draining.
33 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse