on 7 February 2015
We watched the Merlin series when they were shown on BBC and fell in love straightaway. Of course,if you are a historian,you will cringe,because most of the historical facts have been changed into wild phantasies,but we both enjoyed the storyline,the effects,the actors and the beautiful setting.This was the last boxset missing in our collection,and I ordered a second hand one from Zoverstocks.We have often ordered DVD's from them before,and they have never disappointed .The delivery arrived within a few days ,was well packed and in excellent condition. Actually,it was shrinkwrapped so looked like brand new ! We are confident to buy from Zoverstocks again and again, you get good offers for little money in brilliant quality. Very enjoyable !
on 15 March 2013
I love Merlin's TV show

Concerning this finale season, I like it but it was not as good as I expected

This season doesn't show merlin practising magic free in front of Arthur

It will have been better if Merlin will have told his secret to Arthur at the beginning of these season, then that Arthur will bannish him and then he will come back for the final battle against Morgana.

Instead, we see Merlin always as Arthur's servant hiding to practise his magic again during the whole season

Merlin and Arthur's relationship doesn't change.

The end was really disapointing for me and it's too bad because I really loved this show.

I put 4 stars because I really love the all seasons of Merlin, but f have seen only the 5th season, I will have put 3 stars
on 20 February 2013
Well I think that the completed fifth series of Merlin was a fantastic series to end. But you know I thought that it was
great. I ordered the fifth series from Amazon.co.uk on the night of Wednesday 30th January 2013. The retail value for the
boxset was in fact £22.00. I think that it is incredible! I mean why wait for this particular boxset to be expensive like £30.00 to £40.00?!
I say go and get it! You would think so? Yes I say it is that good! Overall I think Amazon.co.uk is a realiable and fantastic service to all of its customers who are at home or possibly abroad.
Thank you Amazon.co.uk!
I look forward to be visit you and your products in the forthcoming months. Five stars all round!
on 25 April 2013
Ordered as a pre-order and it arrived around a week after the release date, however it arrived in good condition once it did arrive.

A great twist on the age old King Arthur legend by the BBC placing Arthur and Merlin as the same age and in a king/servant relationship. Merlin must protect Arthur while keeping his magic secret as it is still outlawed even though King Uther's is now gone.

Fantastic (if emotional) ending to a well loved series with amazing acting by Colin Morgan and Bradley James in the lead roles.
on 11 June 2014
The DVD's themselves are good quality and very informative. Unfortunately, the programmes they contain range from the stupendous to the downright disappointing with the last episode being the most disappointing of the lot.
It is a great shame that such a gripping series should finish with such an unsatisfactory whimper.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 15 March 2013
Both my neighbour and I have loved watching Merlin. Winter Saturday nights are not the same without this delicious piece of escapism. We both agreed that the production team handled the conclusion well although we both thought this series a little slow to get going - and there also seemed to be evidence of budgeting for the earlier episodes which included fewer special effects.

The set arrived promptly and in excellent condition. Top marks!
on 15 August 2013
What can I say - it's a boxed set of the final BBC series of Merlin so no surprises for my girls as they watched the series when it was on TV.

The episodes are amongst the weakest in the 5 part series and give the impression that someone was just filling in time until Merlin's powers were revealed but we had series 1 - 4 and just wanted to complete the set.
on 27 January 2015
I enjoyed watching the series when originally televised and this video set doesn't disappoint. A great escapism into the world of magic and legends of Camelot, Uther and his one the young King Arthur and the young Merlin. Great acting from Richard Wilson, Merlin's mentor and guardian with great special effects of magic and the dragon.
on 18 March 2014
Wish this show had a few more seasons and covered mores stories like the quest for the grail and the mordrad story as a knight couldve lasted alot longer but the bbc choose to wrap everything quickly to save money to get Atlantis out which is a far weaker show.The Bluray bonus are ok and the conversion in 1080p is great and the sound is great in 5.1
on 6 September 2014
I've been a massive fan of Merlin since it started but this series let me down slightly. Although still really good, it lacked some humour that you always got with previous series. it also felt just like one long story rather than different plots each episode.