on 15 January 2017
The final six episodes of Merlin manage to collect together everything we have loved and enjoyed about the show in the past for one final celebration, before closing with a big and dramatic finale. These episodes first round off the "Gwen Trilogy" and sees Merlin and Arthur's attempts to free Gwen of Morgana's control. While these episodes are as entertaining as ever, once the Gwen we do know returns, it feels as though we may be missing an episode that explores how Gwen copes with things she's done while under Morgana's control. Still the episodes that follow manage to make up for this and surprisingly turn Mordred, a character we had all been wary of up until now, into one of the show's most tragic characters. And of course, we round things off with the two-parter The Diamond Of The Day, which is stunningly directed and acted by everyone involved. The battle itself is the biggest ever seen on Merlin - it certainly impresses and provides an amazing cliffhanger at the end of Part One. I know there were several people disappointed by the finale, but I don't see why as it managed to wrap everything up before coming to a close. I personally feel that the show finished at the right time, as I don't think that there was quite enough left in the show that we hadn't already explored - at least not enough to recommission a sixth series.

Just like Volume 1, Volume 2 is very nicely packaged and comes with more extras and special features. The behind-the-scenes featurette also includes a fitting tribute to everyone's time on the show and once again, the audio commentaries prove to be both informative and entertaining. Overall, a fantastic set for any Merlin fan and one to get to complete the collection.
on 8 June 2013
The following comments cover the entire Merlin productions: Technically the series was very well done,and actually enjoyable, but I and other Merlin fans grew more and more frustrated as the storyline progressed. The reason was because financially the writers and producers understandably wanted to get as much mileage out of it as possible, and the way they chose to do this was by keeping The Mighty Merlin down, as a basically impotent doormat slave to an ungrateful and unperceptive bullying prince and king.
Also frustrating was to see wicked and twisted Morgana getting the better of Merlin over and over again...fair enough they could not end the series too quickly, but basically they ruined it for Merlin lovers.
Then what about the poor crippled baby Dragon? Surely the Old Dragon,and Merlin as a Dragon Master, should have taken care of him...but no...they left it to be the slave of Morgana?
Only for a few minutes right at the very end do we see Merlin finally become the mighty Wizard, but even that was disappointing frustrating and pathetic...toward the end of the entire series a substantial number of Merlin lovers never bothered to watch anymore...sad but true...hence only 4 stars, instead of the 5 I would have given it.
on 2 August 2015
Here we are - coming to the end. You know what happens but you desperately want it to be different. If the first volume was full on this was more so. Again all the actors were brilliant. Tom Hopper as Percival and Eoin Macken as Gawain were heart breaking in the last episode. A lot of tears were shed especially the scene between Arthur and Merlin. However the very last scene made me smile. This is one of those programmes that you will go back to again and again. Merlin bows out on excellent note.
on 18 January 2013
Having all the previous discs of the series, it came as no surprise that I would be ordering the very Final series. Its been a hit from day one, I have not missed a single episode and now I shall be viewing all over again. As for the supplier I have nothing but the highest praise again just press a few buttons and as if by magic a delivery in post haste time. Will definately be using again.
on 22 August 2016
I was very please with my item that i ordered and i got in before the date of delivery so i was very pleased with that over all im very happy with my merlin DVD
on 20 September 2015
The final series and all building to what I would say is a sad ending because there is no more and because the whole 5 series have had me captivated by the acting, costumes, scenery and spectacle. Great entertainment.
on 31 March 2013
I bought the whole series of Merlin and my grandson and I sat and watched our way through the whole series, not all at one sitting.
Well acted, well made and just brilliant. The only upsetting thing was King Arthur dying - very disappointed - I like happy endings. My grandson and I were both in floods of tears. But as I've said a wonderful, brilliant series.
on 23 March 2013
Having first viewed the series on TV. I just had to obtain a copy of my own...sound quality, & music was outstanding, dialogue, clean queens English " no obscenities' here." I enjoyed the series so much, that I am now considering to purchase series 1-4
delivery/service via Amazon was up to their usual high standard.
on 13 March 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire series of Merlin. The acting was first rate, the story lines enthralling and it is sad to see it come to an end. Unlike one or two reviews I have read I did not find the ending disappointing (unlike that of "Lost") and i will undoubtedly keep giving these dvd's an airing over the coming years.
on 2 March 2013
Much of the same sword swinging and magic of the earlier seasons, but still no sign of Arthur guessing Merlin's secret - at least, not until the end of the season. In some respects, the ending was a bit unexpected and deflated, but still an enjoyable viewing experience. Not for the little ones as much as the earlier seasons may have been, but still endearing and entertaining.