Customer reviews

on 12 June 2012
I bought this book only yesterday and so have not had time to cook anything from it, but most of the recipes look truly delicious to me and I will certainly be trying them. I do like the way the author is enthusiastic about not wasting food and making the best use of leftovers, and also that most of the recipes are for 12 servings (easily halved if this is too much) so that some can be stored in the freezer. So thank you, Allen, for this book - I really enjoyed it.
on 5 December 2012
Really good selection of soup recipes. Have recently started to make my own soups but wanted a bit of inspiration, this great book has done this for me. Written with clarity & wit, it makes a great read as wall as an inventive cookery book. Free on Kindle makes it not to be missed.
on 23 September 2012
My doctor suggested that I try soups at lunchtime to help me lose weight. The only problem is I get easily bored, but these recipes will ensure that I have a variety of tasty soups at my hands. Can't wait to try them and have my shopping list ready. Yay!
on 27 July 2013
fantastic book with so many recipes you won't know which to do first! many recipes that ive never seen before!