Colour: Black|Change

on 24 April 2013
I have various knives that I use and have been looking for a block to keep them in.
Most of the blocks are for knife sets, some just have slots but it is not obvious what blades would fit in them.
Because of the design of this block you can put ANY knife ANYWHERE into it.
It will cover up to 20cm (8") of blade.
I have 7 knifes and a spatula in mine including two chefs knives with 20cm x 5cm blades and have room for more.
I do not often get exited but this did it for me. Thank you eKitch.
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2017
eKitch Large Black Universal Knife Block - great for steel and ceramic knives

Read the reviews and this product lived up (and even beyond) my expectations. I have a range of knives that either wouldn't fit a standard knife block and wanted somewhere to store my kitchen scissors too. This block certainly does the job. Deep enough to store Sabatier bread and carving knives and wide enough to fit 6 assorted knives and 2 pairs of kitchen scissors with ample room. I like the fact that the insert can be removed for washing and the slim nature of the block makes it a smart fit for most kitchens. I would definitely recommend this product.
on 21 February 2017
This is a nice looking knife block and a clever idea... But when mine arrived I noticed that manny of the soft black sticks were falling out of it. Upon pulling the block of them out I saw that there was a split in the glue that holds them together. The glue was poorly and messily applied to the bottom. I didn't have time at that stage to go through the hassle of returning it and getting a new one, so have just settled with having a substandard product.

It is truely a shame when a nice design and overall decent product is ruined by a poor finish/ production quality.

If mine hadn't arrived broken, I would still only give it 3 stars, despite it's pros. This is because I expect that the glue would not hold the strips together for washing, if ever required. What's more, the magnet isn't very strong.
review image review image review image review image
on 26 April 2016
This knife holder is very nice, design and all.The external box is made of painted wood, in a black mat finish, very design. Inside the block, there is a small plastic cup with all the "straws" designed to hold your cutlery. This is were I had a small problem : when sliding this block of straw (cup holder+straw) out of the main block, it slipped away and I discovered was broken. I don't know if it was broken beforehand or if it broke by falling on my counter (a 15 cm drop...). Also, I was removing the straws to wash them, but was not very successful in washing them thoroughly, and had a lot of difficulties to dry them correctly. Hence the 3 stars (broke+difficulty to wash).
All in all, I have since been using it with great pleasure (the broken part was simply hold in place with a piece of power tape, which is sufficient and not visible, and since I just take care of putting only clean knives in it).
The good :
* very design, integrates well in a modern kitchen
* holds nicely twelve knives, including 3 meat / ham slicers (25cm long)
* compact and stable
The bad :
* the "straw holder" is fragile
* difficult to clean (you can remove the straw block, but putting water inside and expressing water out takes some time)
The ugly :
nothing.
on 31 March 2017
We've been using this block for several weeks. It holds 10 knives of large or medium size which is more than we expected and there is room for a couple more. They can be arranged any way you like so that frequently used ones are readily accessible. We have been very careful not to put the knives away unless we are certain they are completely dry. We therefore allow them to "air" alongside the block after being dried. This is because we want to make sure thousands of tiny plastic strands inside the block do not get wet as I think they would take an age to dry out. Perhaps we are over cautious but it's a simple precaution. This is still the best method we have ever found of keeping the knives tidy and easily identifiable. Make sure kids can't get at it though. Highly recommended.
on 8 March 2017
This knife block was bought out of necessity, we have a collection of knives from different sets and wanted one block, which is where the eKitch block comes in. I was convinced by other reviewers that it would fit a good number of knives, but on takoing it our the box, I was sceptical. However I shouldn't have been. All of the knives fit in perfectly with a little room left over.
review image review image
on 3 August 2016
I bought one of these for my son and daughter. Then decided they were great and I had to have one. Now we all have regrets. The "brush" centre had become bent and tangled and the knives no longer slot in easily. This applies to all three blocks the family owns between them. Great idea taking the block out to clean, but all that has achieved has shown us how damaged it is. Rubbish,
on 9 November 2013
I needed a new knife block so after doing a lot of research I finally decided on this one, and am delighted with my choice. I wanted something that was going to hold a fair number of knives but not take up too much room on my kitchen counter. In the past I had only been familiar with the usual kind of knife block with specific slots for individual knives but this "freestyle" idea seemed to make a lot of sense. The block looks very stylish and goes perfectly with my kitchen decor, at the moment it holds a total of 9 knives (ranging in size from a small paring knife to a 10" carver and an oriental cleaver) also a large sharpening steel, and there is still room for a few more if I want to add any. All this and it still takes up less space on my counter than my old 5-knife block!
on 31 August 2014
I love the idea of being able to stick the knives which are in frequent use into this brush like contraption- so easy! However, on close inspection there is a bit of a "home made" look about the block. - almost as though I painted it myself. That's being critical because I am really pleased with the product
on 13 March 2017
Great knife block.. my Japanese blades really appreciate being gripped safely and not damaged in the old fashioned type wood block that I used to use - instead the thousands of fine bristles hold them tenderly - even my long bread knife.