on 30 December 2016
Fantastic Vinyl Album, I'm currently listening to it while typing this review. The sound quality of the vinyl is excellent. My main problem is that i ordered it through amazon prime when it stated that it would be here the following day although it got here 3 days later. Come on amazon thats what people are paying Amazon prime for!!! My other real criticism of the product is that the labels on the records are on the wrong sides and records altogether. It took me a while to find out but it turns out that what the label says is side 1 turns out to be side 3, side 2 turns out to be side four, side 3 turns out to be side 1 and finally side four is actually side 2. I really can't understand how this can happen and surely i can't be the only person with this problem. every part of me wants to send this back as its not right but the music and the quality of the sound is so good i will just live with the fact its a gamble as to which tracks and sides of the records I'm putting on.
on 16 July 2016
This is a review for the Vinyl edition of this great album, i had the CD and decided to upgrade to vinyl as i considered the album was worth it. First thing i would say is the vocal actually sounds clearer on the lps, so that has to be good.
My copy came as a gatefold 2LP shocking pink vinyl set and great it is too! The cover is of great quality and is of sturdy construction, it comes with 2 non anti static cheap inner sleeves which actually are a little tight to remove and replace, not really a problem, but changing to anti static inners is a must. The vinyl's are a shocking pink in colour and you really need a good pair of sunglasses to view them! They are of good quality and play very well after a good clean. This was an absolute bargain at the price i paid.
on 4 September 2012
This is a highly addictive album that has been on repeat in my car for over a week now. The delicious harmonies created by the male and female leads conjure up flavours of the Mumford and Sons, Fleet Foxes and Arcade Fire and create an ethereal feel to this fine debut. If you like any of the above then this is well worth checking out.

Highlights include the singles `Dirty Paws' and `Little Talks' and the band is definitely at their best when in full folk flow (or flowk as I will now call it). That is not to say that the slower, more introspective songs are not interesting or well crafted. Indeed, the song 'Love Love Love' with the line `you love, love, love when you know I can't love,' hints at a darker side to the band's writing and is a welcome contrast on this generally upbeat and pop-fuelled album.

All in all this is a fine debut. I am just disappointed that I missed them live in London recently. Ah well, I'm sure they will be touring on the shores of this green isle again in the near future. Here's hoping!
on 25 November 2012
Well , here is a really fresh sound from Iceland I think , Crazy name for a band which might put people off , thinking it may be heavy rock or punk music
But no , its fresh it has atmosphere , its catchy , great harmony , full of beat , trumpets softer moments ,its hard to put in a music category, folk rock maybe ,
its music to drive to
The stand out tracks , which are radio playing , catchy hits are track one Dirty Paws. . Track three, mountain sound , , Track five , little talks , track 6 , six weeks , track seven Love,love ,love ,, , these tracks hit you straight away , but the rest soon catch up, one of the best sounds ,I've heard for a long time ,
Vocals shared by Nanna Bryndis Hilmarsdottir and Ragnar Porhallsson Female and Male vocalist , female sounding a bit like Bjork, you must give this a go , if your bored with Music Iceland is a goldmine of creative music
on 26 July 2013
Saw this lot at Glastonbury this year and they blew me away. Ordered the cd and it is SUPERB. Lovely melodies, gorgeous vocals and reminds me of Cocteau Twins with an 1980`s feel but in a good way! `Dirty Paws`opens the album and is a really catchy big song that needs to be played LOUD for best effect. The closer`Yellow light`ends the album perfectly with delicious tunes such as`the lakehouse`, `Six Weeks` `Waterfall` and Little talks` in between. An absolute belter of a debut album. Can't listen to it enough. Wonderful. Give it a try- I guarantee you won't be disappointed-if you are, there must be something wrong with your ears!!
on 24 February 2016
While I certainly prefer black records, this pink record sounds beyond better than how it looks. The music on the album has a very common theme and kind of feel, but don't let that deter you from the classics that are on this album, the music is very notable and for a debut album, it's certainly one of the few best albums I've heard. I'm not normally one to listen to this genre of music, or even music outside of the English speaking world, (mind, the music is in English, but they're natively Icelandic), but this record is certainly proof that the popularity of Of Monsters and Men is well deserved.
on 23 July 2013
I bought this CD purely because I liked their hit single 'little talks' and I took a gamble in hoping their other songs were good. It was a risk worth taking because this CD has amazing songs on it which are well arranged and very nice to listen to. If anyone isn't sure of buying this product I have to say that you should buy it because I wasn't sure to start with but I love this band now. Can't wait for their next album!
on 9 May 2016
For anyone tired of mainstream music and wanting something good but different look no further. This whole album is a complete joy from start to finish with a real folky feel to the lyrics and wonderful melodies beautifully sung. A real breath of fresh air.
on 14 November 2012
When I bought this album I had only heard Little Talks on the radio but that was all I needed to hear to buy the album. And it didn't disappoint. The album is full of relaxing yet toe tapping songs and I love it. The band have such an amazing talent, and their voices sound so good together. My favourites are Dirty Paws, King And Lionheart, Little Talks, Six weeks, Your Bones, Lakehouse. Pure class!
on 26 November 2012
I listened to the album and thought 'where have you been all my life'. It is amazingly catchy and I find it refreshing to have both lead male and female vocals the blend is unique. I am a fan and cant wait to they tour in Northern Ireland :) I might even have to travel I love them so much

Album is full of amazing tracks!! Not one album track all could be successful single releases!!