Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 26 November 2012
I listened to the album and thought 'where have you been all my life'. It is amazingly catchy and I find it refreshing to have both lead male and female vocals the blend is unique. I am a fan and cant wait to they tour in Northern Ireland :) I might even have to travel I love them so much

Album is full of amazing tracks!! Not one album track all could be successful single releases!!

on 26 April 2017
Great album
on 25 March 2017
Good
on 29 December 2012
I came across this band in my youtube recommendations and boy am I glad I did! After listening to catchy tracks such as Mountain Sound and Love Love Love on repeat for a week, I decided it was time to buy the album for real. 5 stars, definitely recommend - not a bad song on this album.
on 18 March 2017
Like like like
on 4 September 2012
This is a highly addictive album that has been on repeat in my car for over a week now. The delicious harmonies created by the male and female leads conjure up flavours of the Mumford and Sons, Fleet Foxes and Arcade Fire and create an ethereal feel to this fine debut. If you like any of the above then this is well worth checking out.

Highlights include the singles `Dirty Paws' and `Little Talks' and the band is definitely at their best when in full folk flow (or flowk as I will now call it). That is not to say that the slower, more introspective songs are not interesting or well crafted. Indeed, the song 'Love Love Love' with the line `you love, love, love when you know I can't love,' hints at a darker side to the band's writing and is a welcome contrast on this generally upbeat and pop-fuelled album.

All in all this is a fine debut. I am just disappointed that I missed them live in London recently. Ah well, I'm sure they will be touring on the shores of this green isle again in the near future. Here's hoping!
on 4 October 2012
OMAM is one of those rare albums buried deep beneath the thousands of offerings that come into the charts yearly. In one sense I am glad the band hasn't yet reached acclaimed status in the UK as finding it alone is worth more than any chart position.

It's one of those albums that can be played in 15 years from now and never gets old, fans of Neutral Milk Hotel and Sigur Ros will instantly connect to this band.
on 5 August 2012
I heard this band on Dermot O'leary's show on Radio 2, and first play of 'Dirty Paws' had me hooked. That was enough to make me want the whole album, and honestly there is not one duff track on it. It's a lovely refreshing sound and a bit like Mumford & Sons. Definitely worth a punt.
on 19 September 2012
A varied but always absorbing album. Some beautifully haunting tracks and some up beat, that work well as an overall album
'My Head is an Animal' is an excellent, quirky little debut album from indie band Of Monsters and Men. If you like artists like The Lumineers and Mumford & Sons - it is well worth checking out.

Filled with boisterous fun and slower sensitive tunes which are perfect too chill out to, I was instantly addicted as soon as I started playing it. Both the male and female singer have distinctive voices, and the soft arrangements are very appealing, making the songs appear almost fairy tale like.

The album has spawned three singles: 'Little Talks' (UK top 20), 'Dirty Paws' and 'Mountain Sounds', and I have to say that whilst they are the generally the ultimate attractions, that's not to say that you're just as better off buying the singles, there are plenty of other highlights on the album to hear.

Each track has a good sound, a catchy melody and unlike a lot of seemingly instantly catchy new music out there at the moment, the novelty of this band's folk rock sound doesn't seem to gradually wear off after a short while. A keeper!