Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.99

on 5 August 2012
I heard this band on Dermot O'leary's show on Radio 2, and first play of 'Dirty Paws' had me hooked. That was enough to make me want the whole album, and honestly there is not one duff track on it. It's a lovely refreshing sound and a bit like Mumford & Sons. Definitely worth a punt.
on 4 September 2012
This is a highly addictive album that has been on repeat in my car for over a week now. The delicious harmonies created by the male and female leads conjure up flavours of the Mumford and Sons, Fleet Foxes and Arcade Fire and create an ethereal feel to this fine debut. If you like any of the above then this is well worth checking out.

Highlights include the singles `Dirty Paws' and `Little Talks' and the band is definitely at their best when in full folk flow (or flowk as I will now call it). That is not to say that the slower, more introspective songs are not interesting or well crafted. Indeed, the song 'Love Love Love' with the line `you love, love, love when you know I can't love,' hints at a darker side to the band's writing and is a welcome contrast on this generally upbeat and pop-fuelled album.

All in all this is a fine debut. I am just disappointed that I missed them live in London recently. Ah well, I'm sure they will be touring on the shores of this green isle again in the near future. Here's hoping!
on 4 October 2012
OMAM is one of those rare albums buried deep beneath the thousands of offerings that come into the charts yearly. In one sense I am glad the band hasn't yet reached acclaimed status in the UK as finding it alone is worth more than any chart position.

It's one of those albums that can be played in 15 years from now and never gets old, fans of Neutral Milk Hotel and Sigur Ros will instantly connect to this band.
on 4 May 2012
I have had this album for 2 weeks now and i can't stop listening to it. This icelandic band are very unique in the sounds they produce and their vocals intertwine on a new level.

I highly recommend it!

5/5
on 3 August 2012
Just listened to this album today and have had it on repeat constantly - if you like Mumford and Sons or Snow Patrol and Martha Wainwrights's "Set Fire to the Third Bar" - you will love this band. best songs from the album are "Dirty Paws", "King and Lionheart", "Mountain Sound", "LIttle Talks" (heard this on XFM), "Your Bones", "Lakehouse", Enjoy.
on 27 October 2012
Am enjoying the current wave of upbeat folk and Of Monsters & Men is a great band with good camaradarie that comes through in their songs. Have seen them live a few times now and never tire of listening to them or watching them. Love this album - poetic and upbeat. Great songs - all of them! My fave is King and Lionheart but each one is a quality track - that I can personally listen to over and over again. I'm a bit old-school and enjoy listening to an album in its entirety and I can do that with this album without any urge to skip forward. Glad to see they're getting the recognition they deserve.
on 28 August 2012
I first heard of 'Of Monsters and Men' following the announcement of the Reading & Leeds 2012 line-up and gave them a listen and was instantly hooked on their album. 'Dirty Paws', being the first song on the album, had me hooked as it compares it to Arcade Fire with other influences apparent throughout the rest of the record including Mumford and Sons and Sigur Ros. Despite this, they manage to create their own unique sound with Nanna and Ragnar's vocals being terrific all throughout. I'd pick out a few favourites but the whole album is just brilliant.

They're also a fantastic live band as proven at Leeds Festival and will probably become very popular in the future.

It's so refreshing to hear these guys being played out on the radio and seeing them in the charts as opposed to Nicki Minaj, Rihanna and all the other trash that is 'popular' these days.

5/5
on 3 October 2012
I can't say I have many albums that I ever play on repeat, but this album by Of Monsters and Men is so incredibly original that I cannot stop listening to it. There is not a single song on this album that I do not love. The way the lead vocals compliment each other is so refreshing. I first heard Of Monsters and Men on YouTube with their music video to "Little Talks" and intrigued, I purchased the album with high hopes that the rest of the album was as good as Little Talks and it did not let me down. I highly recommend that you purchase this album!
OMAM is an easy proposition, Scandi-cool edgy pop infused with obscure lyrics that seem to tap into fairy tale myth, a male and female vocalist singing counterpoint to each other. Where can it go wrong?

Well, happily and luckily, it doesn't, the Little Talks song we know and love is but one of many strong tracks here, the production is also masterful, the guitars are particularly well rendered and the folksy vibe is well portrayed by very strong and emotive recording of the vocalists.

This is an album to fall in live with on the first listen and, having owned it for many months and still giving it regular airtime, it is apparent that the love affair is not a one-night stand but something of longevity and growing appreciation.

Essential.
on 19 September 2012
A varied but always absorbing album. Some beautifully haunting tracks and some up beat, that work well as an overall album