Customer reviews

Holidays In The Sun
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£0.99

on 12 December 2012
I was never into the Pistols as a student - too brash, no talent, deliberately antagonistic - and that was just me! Seriously though, i was more your Kate Bush, Queen and ELO type so I only began to appreciate these songs in a historic sense about 5 years later and bought the album.

Many of the album#s tracks fade into deserved oblivion but this is a stand-out track with just the right injection of vitriolic venom and incessant and driving rhythm that made new wave a force to be reckoned with. Not the only one of course - Pretty vacant and God save The Queen have both stood alongside it as worthy classics.
on 26 February 2013
I often wonder what has happened to make reactionary music almost disappear from our world. The pieces are still there, our leaders still lie, our Banking leaders are corrupt and oppress, big businesses poison Mother Earth plus ca change! There are pockets of reaction still out there, Chumba Wumba and Paul Wella to name but a couple. But the Pistols were in another league, in the 70's they represented a mass youth reaction against the political establishment and our so called 'leaders', the likes of which we have not seen since (Italian comedians excepted!).
Ahh... reflections of a middle aged man!
Enjoy