on 6 July 2012
I needed a fast USB 3.0 SD card reader to be able to quickly copy photos from the DSLR.
Couldn't find any speed reviews/tests but as the reader was very cheap, decided to give it a go.

Reader arrived within 2 days and as soon as it did, I tested it using the following hardware:
Computers:
- USB 3.0 Laptop 1 (Sandy Bridge, i7-2677m - ULV)
- USB 3.0 Laptop 2 (Sandy Bridge, i5-2450m - slightly faster)

SD Cards:

- Laptop 2 - 32.0 MB/sec read and 28.1 MB/sec write
Sandisk Extreme Pro -
- Laptop 1 - 67.7 MB/sec read and 67.5 MB/sec write
- Laptop 2 - 78.4 MB/sec read and 71.4 MB/sec write

I also ran addition test to see how much USB 2.0 limits performance of the 95MB/sec card on the faster laptop:
- Laptop 2 - 32.5 MB/sec read and 22.0 MB/sec write

As you can see, USB 3.0 reader is over 2.4 times faster in reads and 3.2 writes, very good results for such inexpensive device, on par with much dearer Lexar/Sandisk!

All in all, it's well deserved 5/5, I can fully recommend this reader if you have a fast memory card, USB 3.0 PC and are tired of slower USB 2.0 speeds - copying full 32GB off the Extreme Pro 95MB/sec card through this reader will save you precious time if you're in rush, definitely worth the price.
11 Comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2017
had for a while now, it still works, and i use it all the time!
on 27 May 2017
It never worked as well as another one I bought. Not sure why.
on 7 May 2013
Works fine out of the box where some fail to read 32GB cards.. I havent really tested the USB3 cabability yet but for thie price its a bargain.
on 7 March 2014
what can I say, this came very quickly, its easy to use and an excellent bargain. This will save you time and money, well recommended
on 16 November 2014
Fast on usb3. Cheap.
on 7 December 2015
Arrived ahead of schedule and works like a dream when down loading large photo files. A good experience.
on 16 August 2014
Dead on arrival. I couldn't be bothered to return.
VINE VOICEon 4 August 2013
I am getting average transfer speeds over USB 3 on my Asus Maximus Extreme V motherboard of between 95 and 110 megabytes per second!

The transfers from my camera card are so quick now, that sometimes it seems like it failed to transfer, because I missed the progress bar!

Excellent little product and highly recommended.
on 8 February 2013
I've been using this device for 3 months or so and it's performed flawlessly.

Using this with a class 10 SD card I have consistently maxed out the read performance of the card at 45MB/s which has saved huge amounts of time transferring photos and doing things like OS installations (Linux Ubuntu etc).

For such a cheap device I have been seriously impressed with it's performance. It's been totally reliable whenever I've used it and I can highly recommend it for anyone looking for a decent, fast and cheap SD card reader.