on 11 September 2016
I have had this transmitter for a few weeks now and I am really pleased with it. It takes 2hrs to charge using the charging cable supplied and a 5v plug (not supplied). I have tried this on ios, linux, android and windows. It pairs well with all and the sound quality is no different than a wired connection. I have connected a range of different bluetooth headphones and speakers. I have got 10hrs out of the battery from full.

To use the device while it is charging. Turn the device off, place it on charge and hold the power button until the light alternates between red and blue. Enjoy.

Pairing the device is very easy, from an off state hold the power button until the device becomes active keep holding the button until the light changes from flashing blue to flashing red. It is now in pairing mode.

The device remembers the last paired device so it is not necessary to pair every time. There is an auto shutdown feature that turns the device off when no device is connected for a few minutes. Not sure the exact time but it is around 5 minutes. Any device with a headphone jack can use this transmitter to send a signal to bluetooth headphones or speakers.

Clear sound quality.
Tested on a range of operating systems and devices (it did well on all)
Good battery life.
Auto shutdown (has proven to be useful on many occasions)
Easy to pair.
Small (very discreet)

I couldn’t fault it so no cons.

Note: This device is phone/laptop to speaker with the device attached to the laptop/phone. If you plan to use it for laptop/phone to bluetooth headphones/speaker with the device attached to the speaker this is not for you. You are looking for a bluetooth audio RECEIVER for this scenario. They also sell this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2FECJY8ZM83VC/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
review imagereview image
on 16 October 2015
I use this with an old iAudio MP3 player linking it to Bluetooth TaoTronics Wireless Earbuds Sport Earphones (Also from Amazon) without any complications. It's a nice bit of kit, very small and does just what it says on the box.

Update - It stopped working on the left channel after 6 months and 7 day shop has failed to respond to request for exchange/refund.
So maybe not so good after all.
review image
on 10 January 2014
Much smaller than I expected - which is good!

Works well in the gym on a treadmill which is what I bought it for.
You can't use for connecting to a PC and speech - you can only listen as it's a transmitter not two way device, as expected.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 April 2017
does the job
on 22 March 2017
Great Product, Works Well
on 15 January 2015
My Dad has quite bad hearing (or 'Mutt and Jeff' as he says!) so I purchase this bluetooth transmitter for him at Christmas. The idea was to combine this with a pair of Bluetooth earphones so he could listen to the TV at his own level without having the volume in the room really. I mean, sometimes I found myself shouting over the TV just to have a normal conversation.

Anyhow, I am please to report that this box of tricks works perfectly. It is very easy to install (literally seconds) and the sounds that is transmitted is great quality. This is the first product I have purchase from 7-Day shop. I previously purchased some noise cancelling earphones from them myself and they are excellent. Affordable and very good quality.

For my Dad, I combined this transmitter with a pair of 'Sonixx X-Fit Wireless Earphones Bluetooth Headphones / Headset with Microphone - 3 Year Warranty'. These earphones had great reviews and also cam with different sizes of ear buds which I felt was helpful.
on 5 February 2017
Very happy
on 30 July 2016
It probably works but I have not yet managed to get it to ;pair with my 7day headband headphones. It seems to have paired with something but I can't find what! The quest continues.
on 13 September 2015
Brilliant piece of kit. My only criticism is the instructions don't tell you how to correctly set the device into pairing mode. I bought it for use with my BOSE bluetooth headphones and it took me two days to get them to pair. Once it was done it was obvious and I've now successfully linked with several other devices. I suggest an update (or improvement) to the instructions is in order - especially after reading other comments about the fact that it 'doesn't pair'.

Still 5 stars from me for quality but 1 for documentation
on 12 May 2016
Works perfectly plugged into my Samsung TV, and used in conjunction with some bluetooth headphones. I just wish it had a replaceable battery, as opposed to a rechargeable one.