Customer reviews

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial [DVD] [1982]
Format: DVD|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 20 January 2015
WOW!!! this is a great steelbook, and E.T. deserves nothing less than this wonderful release. When I was a very young boy my brother in law took me and my twin brother to watch E.T. at the cinema and we just both loved it, you could say this was my best film I have seen when I was growing up. The amazing thing about this film is, it never seems to age and feel dated, if anything it just gets better with age. Me and my brother have a debate he says "JAWS" is Steven Spielbergs best film but E.T. just edges it for me.(PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT DO YOU THINK?) The Blu-ray and sound is just perfect and the score which was done by john Williams is outstanding.

***FEATURES BELOW***

Steven Spielberg and E.T.
The E.T. Journals
A look Back
The Evolution and Creation of E.T.
The E.T. Reunion
The Music of E.T.: A Discussion with john Williams
The 20th Anniversary Premiere
Designs Photographs and Marketing

Blu-ray comes with UV and Digital copy
review image review image review image review image review image
on 2 January 2017
Classic film and the Blu Ray does not disappoint. The transfer to Blu ray is excellent. A lot of work has been done to this. Aside from Titanic, I would say that this is one of the best transfers picture and sound wise to Blu Ray. Crystal clear and almost 3D like in places. Definitely worth buying on Blu Ray.
on 4 January 2017
Bieng almost 46 I remember the queues for the cinema when this film was originally released. They were so long I never got around to watching it. I've always avoided watching it and as I got older the less I wanted to. However I bought this for my kids to watch. I was very pleasantly surprised when my 8 year old, that barely sits still for five minutes before getting bored, actually sat with me in my arms for the whole two hours without losing concentration or persistently questioning what was happening. We had a great father and son moment.

The film itself is ok and as an adult I found it a really basic plot. Most of the film takes place inside a bedroom and the rest of the house. It couldn't have cost much to film. Just shows how things have changed. The alien(s) are not frightening and my youngest at four enjoyed the alien and the film overall.

I did notice with the alien ship at the beginning of the film that some of the angles with the ramp/steps down that it looked quite a lot like Darth Vaders' helmet.

Two hours went very quickly and if you never have seen it. A try would be worth it. No foul language and no violence. A good fa,ily film.
on 16 October 2017
Cried. This is such a good film and it entirely stands the test of time. Much as I love bug hunts and shoot-em-up alien invasions, this heart-warming story about the love between a little boy and an extraterrestrial is utterly charming. Happy speculative fiction watching!
on 10 September 2017
Looks a bit dated now still a great film. Scared the pants off of my 5 year old, maybe she will like as much as me in a few years.
on 22 August 2015
Not one of my favourite childhood films, its still worth watching once in a while. Great in blu ray as feels like its only few years old then what it actually is.
on 18 July 2017
Great family film , what more can you say ? its spilberg at his best l
on 28 September 2017
The story captures your heart and on the edge of your seat. It is still as endearing to my children as it was to my generation as children. Great family entertainment.
on 23 August 2017
This film is always good to watch. Nice to have in the DVD library.
on 15 October 2017
My grandson and I are very pleased, they were delivered quickly