Style Name: Premium Retrofit|Size: Warm White|Change

Nicely made efficient and cool running yet bright LED lights for the car. The well distributed light is not too blue and has a warm-white almost slightly pink tinge. It does NOT have a wasteful CANBUS 'cheat' resistor.

The 4000K colour is near enough to the old filament bulbs that the MOT tester will probably not notice it is a LED. The brightness is also nearly as good as a 5W filament type, and certainly better than an aged filament bulb that is blackening on the inside.

These LED bulbs also contain a bridge rectifier so don't care about polarity, and the spigot and little dents in the base ensure they will not fall out of the clip-in socket.

Both my samples took 57mA from 13V (about 3/4 Watt) and after two minutes were steady at about 55°C in a room at 25°C. This small thirty degree rise over ambient is much less than the other W5W LEDs I have tried (and rejected) which contained CANBUS resistors. This cooler running means that a reasonably long life can be expected.

If fitted to a CANBUS car it might have a faint glow in the dark while the bulb is supposedly off but when the ignition is alive and will likely be reported as an error. Remapping a few bits in the relevant look-up table in the CANBUS controller might cure the error problem, but that can only be done (expensively) by an expert. Adding the usual cheat resistor somehow seems to defeat the object of the efficiency exercise.

Philips offer a similar bulb without the bridge rectifier and with minor cosmetic differences mostly to the diffuser.
on 10 May 2014
Bought this kit just few weeks back. Was driving daily with them on. Finally, can share my experience with you.

First things first - installation. You don't need to mind polarity unlike with cheap and short lasting EBay ones. Plug in either way and you are set. Also, you can leave your lights switch on because they don't get hot. That way you can finish installation knowing it lights up and placing correctly into the lamp. Big plus compared to ordinary bulbs that get very hot.
Some people mentioned the need to flex contacts etc. Nonsense. This only happens to cars that have worn out fittings. Or that have wrecked fittings due to the fact that previously cheap LEDs were fitted that were not made up to standard and too thick.

After installing, check your new headlights look in the dim lighting. Superb. Professional looking, no cheap/boy racer feel to the headlights. As if your car got a "facelift". Can't express myself enough how happy I was and still am with the new look. Also, these lights are at least twice as bright as ordinary quality bulbs. Big big plus. Not road legal? Only because it takes ages for these things to be accepted. As legal as new vehicles with factory fitted LEDs.

Last but not least - longevity. Most LEDs I had in few weeks developed defects, changed color, even stopped working. Osram ones were taken out to ensure they are not overheating and doing the same. As new. Could not believe it. I was so used to overheated and failing LEDs that this was a complete eye opener to me.

All in all without rattling too much best product I have ever used that comes in this type. Sleek, quality feel and strong performance. Add decent lifetime and it is a clear winner. Next step is changing reg plate and interior bulbs with these. Recommend to a friend.
on 24 September 2014
Five stars because they are so much better than all the others out there.

These are well made, cast a nice bright and diffuse light, are very efficient, run cool, and should last for years. Good replacement for 5W interior lamps if you want a brighter looking whiter light.

The 4000K doesn't quite reveal the colour balance - it's not quite a neutral 4000K. It has hints of pinks and other colours in the mix, but overall a pleasing white-ish colour.

For (unauthorised) use as sidelights they wont quite match the (also slightly coloured) appearance of 4300K original equipment HID headlamps, but they're closer than anything else I've seen and would look much nicer than using regular filament lamps, blue vision type coated filament lamps, or any of the other not-strictly legal LEDs that are usually way too yellow at 3000K or way two blue/violet 5000-7000K. They may not meet Construction and Use Legislation but would be unlikely to fail an MOT as things stand.
on 21 March 2013
Despite it having too much hint blue as the colour temperature is rather high it was a great product specially compared few others we have tested including the expensive Philips version which only covered fraction of the angle of this one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 August 2016
These bulbs are fantastic. I first used them on my 57 plate Xsara Picasso. I wanted to just modernise it a bit and changed many exterior and the interior lights with these LED bulbs. They are so much coller running and burnt my finger on one of the old ones pulling it out. I now have a new C4 Grand Picasso and the first thing I did was buy another load of these for the new car. I have used them now also on the rear license plate lights, the door mirror down lights and all the interior lights. They say they are warm white, but they are not as warm as you'd expect, so be warned on that. But I love the crisp bright light they give off and don't affect any of the camber controls saying lights not working etc. I know they are not cheap, but don't waste your money on other inferior brands, I did, wish I'd just bought these in the beginning.
on 10 January 2016
(Ford Focus Mk2)
These are some good bits of kit from OSRAM. I was initially slightly wary about paying £15 quid for a couple of LEDs, especially as they are only to replace my sidelights; I have no regrets.

The finish of these lights are good quality. Unlike the bulk made China bulbs you can get left right and centre on both Amazon and Ebay, this offering from OSRAM feels well made. They are fully plastic, and there is a transparent but frosted covering over the LED chip itself to disperse the light produced.

Installation was a breeze with polarity not being an issue thanks to the design. For me at least, the installation consisted of literally a straight replacement from halogen to LED. No errors or warnings of any kind - they just work.

The colour of the light from these lights is great too. They aren't yellow, but they're not pure white either - a nice balance between the two. There also doesn't seem to be any blueish tinge which made me happy, as I don't like that. They are a huge improvement over my old halogens which were basically a waste of time. I've had a test drive behind my partner in a separate vehicle and there is no glare at all, just better presence on the road.

For me these LEDs have changed my barely visible halogen sidelights into what are essentially very useful manual DRLs. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to replace their halogen sidelights.
on 24 February 2013
Tried to buy some aftermarket LED T10s to replace my sidelights. They were cheap but far too blue and looked chavvy. These on the other hand have a very bright, 'clean' light, not too warm perhaps, there's a slight pink/mauve hue, but it's not a cool 'blue' white either so doesn't look silly with normal headlights. Overall, expensive but good.
on 3 May 2016
Used for interior lights, to replace the LED bulbs I already had fitted. The original LED bulbs I had in the vehicle where the type with four Led's around the body and for on the end. These give a much better light effect and spread and look a world better.

It is a real shame that Osram, Philips, PIAA and Ring do not make Canbus Error free LED bulbs that can be used for side and rear lights.
on 14 June 2016
I purchased these LED's from Osram for my motorcycle and paid the extra as opposed to purchasing from eBay and China as I knew fitting was going to take a fair amount of time due to part fairing removal so paid extra and am very pleased with quality and huge improvement in brightness over standard bulbs, they have now been in use for over a month and as daytime running lights are constantly on I'm sure they will last, even in sunlight you can see me coming on my bike so very pleased with results
on 11 December 2014
1st rate quality...superb colour match (mine are the 4000K version) for Osram Night Breaker halogen headlights, they look way better and are brighter than the standard filament bulbs.

Pricey but worth it for the 5 year warranty, highly recommended.