Format: DVD|Change

on 13 January 2014
After mixed reviews we took the plunge......The story of course we knew!....From a 3D aspect its very good, nice depth and astounding colours...The party scenes are what makes this movie for us....And the mix of modern music with ragtime dance....But!!!!...We found ourselves going for a cup of tea every thirty minutes or so!...So not everybody's cup of tea...pardon the pun.
on 11 January 2014
I enjoyed this film overall, but it is a little slow and drawn out in places and apart from Leonardo DiCaprio I thought the rest of the cast were pretty abysmal. Some moving moments however, and of course stunning visuals by baz. A welcome return on the balance of things. a solid "i liked it" 4*.
on 19 September 2013
Ever since I was a little baby I had loved the Great Gatsby & Harry Potter books, even though I only understood 5% of the words I still loved them with my entire being, although the universe lacked a crossover. Every night I would pray for a book or film where this would happen. And even though it took a while I nearly pee peed myself when I saw this while browsing Amazon. This is something I will leave to my grandchildren in my will.
on 8 September 2014
Surprisingly bad.For the most part perfectly good acting, etc., and fully I expected a very glossy & highly stylised film version from the director (a style whch I've enjoyed before) but here it seemed to have somehow obliterated the substance of the story. Disappointing.
on 4 May 2015
Awesome movie
on 15 January 2015
very poor film, having not read the book i can only go on the film contents. The story is a slow-burner with no pay-off, the music has been updated to modern music and is completely jarring as the rest of the film is set in the early 1900's, and the 3D is only used occasionally with little effect.
on 22 September 2013
This is by far one of the ugliest steelbooks ever. It went from one that I must have in my collection to one I would be ashamed to have, way to drop the ball.
on 13 November 2013
I preordered this steelbook in August and then the artwork changed. I am so pleased I did not cancel my order. This steelbook is lovely and even better because my favourite actor, Leonardo, is on the front. Beautiful, very pleased with this steelbook. I haven't seen the film yet, but the steelbook is worth the money.
on 24 September 2013
I was delighted for the first Cover Art proposed. This is one of the ugliest one could ever conceive. If it do not change before november 11th, my order will be cancelled.
on 31 December 2013
I may have expected too much as I really enjoyed the movie with Redford. Well, the bar was quite high, and while the budget was certainly available, this movie left me wanting more. Too bad.