on 16 November 2012
I ordered this as i just had surgery and can only eat soups for 6 weeks. The product looks good but performs terrible! The jug blender cannot be used as the pour spout is not sealed so when I turned the blender on to blend soup it shot out the pour spout and all up the kitchen walls. It wasn't over filled, even half full it gives the same result. It's a clear design fault. The processor is just as bad. The "chopper" in the base is spun far too fast and ends up rattling loose and hitting the lid. The product is unusable and if you do your research you'll find many more complaining about this. My advice... spend your money on a different brand or you'll regret it
on 12 December 2012
Bought to grate carrots etc, blades are not up to the task, they were bent after a very short time and will not fit into their protective casings.Would not recommend for any tough work.
on 24 October 2012
At first appearance the unit looks great and looks functional, however when i came to use the item it was a different story. I mainly use the jug attachment not so much the food processor bowl, however when i did used the food processor bowl i noticed that there seems to be a major design flaw.... The metal blade when 'rested' in position suffers from centrifugal force! Meaning that when the unit is powered up the blade rises above the items you are trying to chop.

The main problem though is with the jug, when using it i noticed that the motor makes a screaming sound every now and again, on closer inspection i found that the jug doesn't hold liquid extremely well and will empty in less than 10 mins...... into the electrical motor.
on 2 January 2013
Downsizing from a Kenwood Chef which is 30 years old, this food processor does everything I want and more. Very pleased with how easy it is to use and clean.
on 21 April 2015
Highly disappointed with this product. After a year of attempting to use this product I have finally given up! The chopping blade becomes lose every time it's used. I've recently tried herbs, breadcrumbs, fruit. Each time I've ended up having to chop by hand as this unit is simply not up to the most basic task. Even when using the grater plate I am always left with a large chunk of whatever I'm grating as there's too large a gap between the plate and the lid.
Don't be fooled by the sturdy look of the unit, this is all a facade. This model is flimsy, unreliable and poorly made. Avoid at all costs.
on 18 October 2013
Please do not buy this blender. I have not encountered problems of the blades coming loose, my main problem is that the thing doesn't blend your food at all! The blades seem too short to reach the sides and the mechanism is placed too far up in the bowl which creates a space for everything to hide underneath, unprocessed. However I try and use this machine, there are always a lot of food matter left unprocessed. It fails in it's primary task, in my opinion. You can get ones that do a much better job for a lot less money. Don't be fooled by the well known name.
on 19 December 2012
Great service by Spectrum Brands UK in supplying my Russell Hobbs 19000 Desire Processer which is a great machine and versatile enough for everything I need to do from soups to baking. Love it.
on 25 March 2013
Bought this at the end of October 2012, first time I used this I had to continually put blades back in place as they kept coming off but finally got through chopping my veg for soup. tried to use this again yesterday for only the second time but had to resort to chopping veg by hand, as the blade would not stay in position, as someone with multiple sclerosis and very much dependant on gadgets I can honestly say this is one of the worst I have ever bought, you trust buying a reputable brand you will get a good product, but not with this product.
on 8 February 2013
Arrived super fast great item just as expected. Lots of functions and compact so does not take up much work top space
on 9 September 2014
Despite all the negative reviews for this product, I'm really happy with it. The food processor works fine grating carrots and cabbage for coleslaw or making butter icing without the effort and the blender works fine making smoothies (although I must admit, it's not very keen on hard, frozen banana!) It's compact and doesn't take up too much room at all which is just what I wanted.