on 16 March 2015
This was purchased as one of our children is currently reading the book and I remembered the story from years ago. Although the nasty Giants are indeed a bit scarey (lots of slobbering horrible mouths!), David Jason as the BFG is brilliant and really brings the story to life. The Whizzpopping song (and the shaking of Buckingham Palace) was the bit that brought the most laughs when watching. Although rated as U it does have a few frightening elements to it, something to consider depending on the age of the children watching.
on 27 January 2016
brilliant! my son had just finished reading the book and younger children also really enjoyed this annimation. a classic must read and watch for all kids! we are looking forward to the film this year!
on 4 October 2011
After watching a Jack and the Beanstalk pantomime last Christmas, my Grandson has become a massive (or as he says it 'Sassive') fan of giants. So when The BFG was recently on tv, he asked me if I could get him the DVD. I bought two, so that if he wears one out, I've got another as spare! He's so hooked, that I've had to knit him a BFG toy, complete with big ears, nose, black cape, the lot. The BFG Film seems to be timeless and an absolute joy to watch...........even on my own in secret! But don't tell anyone!
on 19 November 2015
The eldest child was reading this book at school and I was amazed when she said that she had never seen the film.

Film purchased. Watched. Childhood re-lived. Child educated.

Win.
on 5 March 2012
Yes, I know this is an old film (and I'm only just changing it over from VHS - what's that? I hear you say - to DVD because my 'tape' is worn out!), but sometimes the old ones are the best. No-one can tell a story quite like Roald Dahl and this film version of the book, The BFG, is no exception. It is cleverly produced to creat a great afinity with the original book without making it too scary for smaller children. Brilliant!
on 1 March 2018
Very pleased with this purchase. Highly recommend this seller.
on 22 February 2013
David Jason is the master of voice overs for children's stories and in this one he surpasses himself. I'm more than happy to sit down with my granddaughter when she asks to watch it time after time. Another classic which should be in everyone's home.
9 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2018
Thanks again fastest delivery so please with this exercise
on 10 May 2018
Lovely kids film, highly recommend
on 16 May 2018