Customer reviews

Size: 1 metre|Change

on 21 July 2017
This broke less than 8 weeks of normal use, after purchasing. It’s now out of the window for a refund and I still don’t know how to get the broken jack out of my bowers and Wilkins system. I plan to contact the seller.
on 16 May 2017
Very good product!
on 14 January 2017
I bought this to use in conjunction with the Apple Airport Express and Marantz PM6006 amplifier. I am delighted to say it works exactly as it should. No drop outs etc. The Toslink cable is the best quality I have owned and is solidly built. Life would be perfect if the Square end, for want of a better description, was made slightly shorter. Then I wouldn't have had to angle the cable at the rear of my amplifier. The issue for me being the amplifier is deep and my HIFI unit not deep enough, but that is a problem with myfurniture and not the cable at all.
on 25 February 2014
I can fault the quality and the price was excellent and no noticeable loss of sound (from the lead). A note to other users: I bought this lead to connect my Apple TV to my zepplin (non Air model) so I could play my music wirelessly. If I play the music through iTunes through Apple TV, there is no loss of sound (hence why I know the lead is high quality). HOWEVER, if I play music through my iPhone 4S or the laptop, there is a noticeable loss of sound on some tunes. I haven't quite got to the bottom of why this is happening (I'm no techy) but from research I think it might be due to the low quality DAC's used in the iPhone and laptop (which the zepplin air would override). This is definitely not down to the lead quality though so I rated this 5 stars!
on 9 March 2014
I bought one of these to connect an Apple Airport Express to my digital amplifier using the airport express's optical audio output. It seems to be a fabulous lead, with excellent build quality, and which really looks great. With my (pretty good) amplifier the audio quality is excellent, so the lead is doing its job well. A step up from even the fairly decent audio quality of the airport express's analogue output.

One little niggle is that with the airport express the 3.5mm connector body is a mm or so away from the airport express body, so is a little more exposed to damage that if the connector sat fully inserted. Still, as long as it is looked after I'm sure it will be fine, and I'm not intending to throw the airport express around !
on 1 October 2012
Initial delivery was lost, probably due to postal company, but they quickly sent out a second one which arrived in a two days. Good service!

Works brilliantly, plug and play. Had to adjust some quick settings on OS X audio settings and on other softwares to make sure they detected the right settings so true 5.1 sound passed through. Did basic tests using downloaded 5.1 videos and all the speakers worked as they should. I absolutely love this product now - a stark difference from the PC days of plugging a ton of audio cables everywhere.

Cable is quite thick and the ends are a bit big, so they don't line up with Macbook Pro Retina bodies exactly. but I'm just being very picky.

Good product, recommended.
on 10 January 2014
Usually I am a bit of a fanatic for expensive interconnects for audio and video but these feel high quality and I could not tell the the difference in audio quality between these and QEDs which are 3 to four times the price.
on 15 March 2013
Love this thing. Can't believe it's so cheap. I love my audio and high quality cables and this really does hit the spot.

Perfect for connecting your macbook(pro) to a Reciever/Amp/DAC via optical. Very well protected fibre optic, very chunky cable, compare it to the ones you get in the shops and it's laughable.

Love the ceramic plugs too, perfectly finished with the gold connectors.

How they sell this cable for so cheap is beyond me, you'd pay close to 6/7 times as much in the shops. So yeah, if you want a really nice cable that looks and does the business in equal measure, look no further.

Fisual are the cable gods on Amazon as far as bang for buck goes.
on 24 February 2014
This cable does exactly what it says it should - it's a hefty cable that feels of high quality, flexes well and just works.
on 7 December 2016
High quality optican cable works of the macbook pro a treat. for anyone that does not know the ordinary headphone output also works as a 5.1 optical output but you need this cable rather than a standard one for it to work