on 22 July 2015
Very good read and understandable why
on 20 January 2013
I hope James Marlow is genuinely repentant and sincere. I was left feeling truly despondent for the child he was but hopeful for the soul of the man his monstrous acts have made him
on 28 December 2012
Short story, not very detailed but sad and informative. Made me think about why people commit crimes and the reason behind it. Will purchase the next vol.
on 27 December 2012
I found the beginning of the book really interesting but lost interest with the detail about time spent in jail. I may however take a look at vol 2.
on 14 July 2013
This lad had a bad start to life, and it only went worse. The story tells you what it is like in Scottish prisons, and it sounds very bad.
on 13 April 2013
Very good book It opens your eyes to what really happens in true life Writer has written a very true account
on 3 October 2014
luv
on 3 August 2015
really good but sad
on 3 December 2012
I find the phsycology of all this very interesting and was perhaps hoping for too much but this book is just a ramble of droth and disjointed nothing and not a good read at all. I have read other terrible stories of neglect and abuse that are told soo much better than this. Yes it is an awful story but at the end of the day it is still a book and needs to read well. The importance of the story is lost in the poor manner in which it is told. Not for me this one.
on 11 January 2014
Almost from the beginning i did not like this book. I found it to be written in such a way that it just didn't hold my attention. The whole prison section just went on and on and on and was in my opinion very tedious.
I sympathised with the author over his childhood and all the abuse that he and his siblings endured, but i found the book just a 'log' of prison events. I didn't, couldn't, finish the book.