on 19 August 2016
These are simply great if you want to swaddle your baby, but prefer it to be as easy as possible.
They have helped immensely with my baby's sleep - particularly in the first month, when she loved being swaddled but also after this because they stop her from waking herself up by flailing her arms everywhere. The ones I bought are blue/white with car patterns, so are probably more aimed for boys (although they don't specifically say a gender), but they were reduced in price at the time, while the pink version of the same kind weren't and quite honestly I wasn't too fussed about the colours.
The swaddles wash well - I wash them regularly and after two months they're still in great shape with no colour fading. I think you need a minimum of three to be able to do this. I bought the small ones for my newborn and I think they'll last her up to three months - she's an average size baby at about 11 pounds now.
The material is perhaps slightly thicker than a regular body suit, so they've been fine for the summer. During some recent really hot nights we still used the swaddles, but just omitted the body suit underneath and our baby was fine.
I can't say much about the leg pouch, designed for easy nappy changing, as I tend to take my baby out of the swaddle when feeding during the night and change the nappy then too.
My only criticism would be that the instructions that came with the swaddles weren't the clearest for someone who's never swaddled before (e.g. whether their arms should be straight at their sides or on their chest) but the images on the product description on Amazon are clearer and there are plenty of videos online that explain how to do it if you're new to it.
on 9 March 2016
My baby still has another month of cooking to go, so it remains to be seen if he actually likes these. However, from a conceptual standpoint, these are one of the best purchases I've made so far to prepare for his arrival. Now that I actually understand how these work, they're something of a baby clothing engineering marvel for me--one piece of simple clothing that keeps them swaddled as if still I utero (which I hear most babies like), while having the added bonus of a bum flap that lets you still use them in travel systems unlike conventional swaddle blankets. My photo shows my teddy bear Guinea pig straight-jacketed and strapped into a car seat. It's brilliant, really, and these need to be marketed better!
review image
on 25 June 2016
These have turned out to be invaluable with our newborn and if the other conditions are right really help to settle him down. Much easier to fit than using a blanket, and stretch a bit and aren't too thick so you can get it snug without worrying about overheating.
on 6 February 2013
Had these for my first child. They lasted very well, washed extremely well and were great all-round. Swaddles are brilliant to help keep babies asleep for longer periods as they prevent them doing that jumping this and flinching which wakes them up. Young babies love to be wrapped up nice and tight too so a swaddle helps to calm babies down. My boy was born in winter. These are great because they're thin enough for the summer and in the winter you can just put a thin sheet over the top to add another layer.
I lent our's to a family friend once my boy moved to sleeping bags and we never got them back so I've bought a new pack for my next boy whose due in 3 weeks. Didn't hesitate in choosing these ones again.
on 5 May 2016
Our baby loves being swaddled but always managed to escape his blanket ! This has to be one of the best buys ever. Keeps him warm and prevents him from waking himself up as he is nice and secure ! Only thing i would say is its quite short in the length. Our boy is 7 weeks and it is starting to get snug at his feet. Otherwise great, worth buying
on 20 March 2013
it does the job but it appear to be a bit small after just 2 months. I would still suggest the newborns to use it as they need more comfort and security.
on 20 July 2013
A friend gave me one of these when my daughter was born, they worked a treat with her so when my son was born I stocked up again - these are so easy to use, are lovely and soft, wash well and most importantly really sooth baby into a deep long sleep!
on 30 December 2015
Exactly as description.only negative is tht material alittle on the thin side for the winter months so u still beed extra blankets. Overall my baby sleeps really well while swaddled which is brilliant.
on 21 July 2013
I bought these for my fourth son before he came out as my other boys loved swaddling and found it very comforting.
This one though is strong! He can't get out of the blanket but he can get one arm below the swaddle so the poor boy looks straight jacketed! The swaddle Velcro is extremely strong and is quite hard to undo - great for its purpose and not so great for midnight nappy changes.
The summer fabric is thin so you don't have to worry about baby overheating and to be honest I'd get these for winter and just add a blanket.
Very good product.
on 15 September 2014
Don't buy these - they don't swaddle tight enough its not worth it. Buy the Miracle Blanket instead.