on 20 July 2012
What a bargin this is, it`s a really solid well made eyepiece at a fraction of the price of others on the market. I must admit I was a little sceptical when i ordered this because it was so cheap but as soon as my first one arrived ( 40mm Orbinar eyepiece ) I ordered a 20mm,25mm,15mm and a 30mm. I have only managed to use it for a few moments so far since i had it, the weather has`nt been too kind so far this summer, but i can say that moon looked fantastic, nice sharp image. I can`t wait to use the 4mm on the planets and the 40mm on some deep space objects.Well worth every penny at this price and with free delivery for this quality i have to give all of them 9/10 great stuff.
on 18 February 2013
Got my 4mm plossl today - it arrived on the date it was supposed to - and blessed with clear skies, popped it in my telescope and was greeted with wonderful crisp views of the moon and Jupiter. This EP is so much better than the eyepieces that came with my skywatcher. I'll now be upgrading all my eyepieces over the next couple of months and you can't argue with the price, especially with such an improvement in the view.
on 27 April 2013
This is a well made product, received in good order within 2-3 days of ordering. It does appear to work very well, though I give it only 3 stars as the viewing lens that you put your eye up against is very narrow (about 4mm diameter!). I tend to get some funny optical effects as a result of this, though I admit to having had cataract ops which might interfere slightly though my vision is normally good. All in all, for me it is difficult to observe with ease using this eyepiece. Younger eyes may find it less of a problem, and the price is so reasonable it's worth trying. in summary, nothing wrong with the quality of manufacture or delivery, but a cautious rating as it might not suit everyone.
on 3 February 2014
Bought the 30mm Orbinar (excellent) and this 4mm. Seems to be of good quality, probably the scope that I am using Celestron 130 Astromaster (650 mm focal) is not doing it justice as the 4mm is putting it to the edge of performance. Be aware that you need to check that your scope is columnated and set perfectly to work at this magnitude. If you have a similar scope consider going for the 6.5mm to work best within scope capability. Likely should be 4 star but would need larger aperture scope to really assess the quality. Still managed to get close up of Jupiter though - just not as clear as would have liked. I wouldn't rate it at 5 star as that would place it alongside expensive lenses but still good value for the money
on 26 August 2013
Having ready the reviews I decided to buy this 4mm eyepiece, and I am very pleased to have done so, no need to pay for over priced big brand names when you can buy these
on 7 September 2013
I bought this eyepiece to extend the magnification of my eyepiece to 250x, and was pleased with the results when it arrived on time. The image is reasonably clear (though I find it senstitve to focusing) and it is comfortable to view from. However, I'm not sure if this is the telescope's limits, but the image was much darker than through my 9mm eyepiece, but that appears ot be the only problem.
on 15 January 2013
i ordered this eyepiece to see the planets in more detail (if i get clear enough skies, fingers crossed!). It arrived in half the time that was stated and was well packaged with bubble wrap and its protective case. It appears as good quality as some eyepieces that cost twice as much and it seems to perform just as well, although i have not yet had the chance to use it on a very clear night. Really much looking forward to using it in the north of Scotland this summer, definitely recommended if you want a closer look at the night sky.
on 12 October 2013
I bought the Orbinar 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm(1.25") from Seben, to use in a small telescope i bought. The eyepieces that came with it were cheap and useless and so i looked on Amazon and found these Plossl eyepieces from Seben. they made the views from my scope 100% better. I was so pleased with my purchase that i ordered a 2 x Barlow lense and the 15 and 10mm plossl eyepieces as well. The difference in quality from the cheap ones that came with the scope and these Orbinar ones from Seben is excellent. They are well made and have turned my cheap little scope into a useful viewing instrument. I recomend them very highly. I will be ordering two more shortly the 20mm and the 6mm ones.
on 7 January 2014
I received this item within a week of ordering it and considering it was around the new year, I think it is tremendous. The quality of the eyepiece is evident as soon as you open it up. I have only used it once but the images you get are fantastic. I would recommend this eyepiece and I will be replacing the other inferior eyepieces that I have in my collection with new ones from Seben GmbH. Tremendous product at a fantastic price.
on 30 January 2014
These plossl lenses are cheap for a reason. They aren't that good really. No better if not worse than the stock eyepieces that come with your scope. I bought these on the basis that they may be better.

Now here's the kicker. The seller is offering you a free gift to encourage you to leave positive feedback. Sharp practice that just makes a mockery of the rating system don't you think.