on 8 May 2017
This is a good device for getting wifi internet to hard to reach places in the house & garden - when it works. However, it seems to lose connection randomly for no reason and has to be either switched off and on again or re-paired to restore it, which is a pain. Also, each extension has a different network name & password so you do still have to change your network as you move around and it's not as "seamless" as advertised. Maybe an IT expert could fix that, but alas I am not an expert. Still worth the money and better than aving extra wires around the house.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 January 2014
I bought this device to use alongside the TP-LINK TL-PA451KIT. This one is to use with my laptop as the wifi signal in parts of the house is not brilliant. One synchronised with the other pair you simply plug in where required and you have a stable, high speed internet connection. Speeds are almost identical to those at the router and the connection is very stable. This provide a quick and pleasant internet experience, particular if streaming video.

Overall, a great device that does exactly what it is meant to.
on 5 September 2014
works straight out of the box alongside older models.
Just remember to plug it straight into the wall and not an extension socket or lead as it won't work properly if it does not have a direct connection to the wall socket
on 6 June 2017
It does what it says on the packet
on 12 March 2014
Plug it in and connect to your network appliance with the supplied cable. Plug another into your router. That's it. Nothing else to do. Great network speed, made our Sky HD recorder communicate with our BT router (was ALWAYS dropping out over wireless) without a single issue since.
on 16 August 2017
Very happy
on 14 June 2015
Excellent quality, would buy again
on 8 February 2016
The device is very easy to setup and works in much the same way as my existing "TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano" kit.

I'd love to give this 5-stars but am reluctant to do so as it doesn't quite achieve the data transfer rates that I was expecting. I cannot seem to get more than 28Mbp across my network using this device and I've tried to follow suggestions from various websites on how to move the device away from any other cordless or wireless devices.

If someone can get more than 28Mbp then I'd like to know how you have achieved it. It could be down to the poor wiring in my old victorian house, but if this is the only speed it can achieve, I may have to look for alternatives.
on 6 April 2016
I bought this to expand my existing pair of TP-Link Powerline network into a 3 way split. I read that provided I bought a model with AV500 it would work with my current setup, but figured buying the same model wouldn't hurt. With free delivery this product falls just over the cost of half what the pair would cost you - however the product arrived much quicker than anticipated (which I appreciated) and arrived with a free network cable which is something I hadn't actually considered. The product also works as expected, I was able to add this to the current network without any interference although I did have to run between rooms pressing the "pair" button before they all fell into alignment.
on 4 September 2013
Right, let me start from the beginning so I can explain how amazing and easy this is to set up.

At the moment we are currently with O2 broadband, and in our office room at home is our router, now my room is literally on the other side of the wall from that router, here I use my Xbox and MacBook Pro to stream Netflix, play games and stream movies and YouTube from on my 50" Lg smart TV plasma. Not gonna best around the bush - O2 S*CK, the wifi was constantly draining and cutting off all the time, especially Netflix, it would pause half the way through a movie to stream, and I couldn't stream anything in HD because the Internet was crap. Now, I have been using my MacBook Pro through a HDMI cable into my tv for the past 2 years and don't get me wrong It works great only the Internet keeps bloody cutting off!

Another note is that my (not so) smart tv hasn't got built in wifi, therefore I haven't forked out the extra £80 wireless dongle to use any of the functions on my tv for the past 12 months I've had it.

Anyway more to the point... My dad decided a few months back to wire up Ethernet outputs into every room in the house for all of us to connect to the Internet better and use our smart tags (my dad copied me after seeing my new tv and got the 55" one too but again didn't have built in wifi) ...so anyway he went to "comet" to look for the longest Ethernet cables and adapters he could find when he was referred to the "TP link" by one of the sales assistants, so after hearing the guy ramble on about how good these things are he caved and decided to buy a pair. He got home, literally plugged them in (one to the wireless router and one downstairs to the tv) and they immediately automatically synced and worked like a dream, the Internet was miles faster and could finally stream videos on their TV. I wanted on straight after once I saw them, but everywhere I went only allowed me to purchase a pair and not individual ones, so I put off the idea for a while. I recently continued looking and came across this item, you could imagine my excitement when I saw how cheap the item was and it was exactly what I needed (after I found out you can pair up to 3 on the same device) so I bought it. 2 days later it arrived on my doorstep, and just like the ones my dad set up, alls I needed to do was plug it in. It automatically connected and now I can use my smart tv...FINALLY! :) I'm currently streaming "Thor" the movie from Netflix in "Super HD" from my smart tv.

So overall, really happy customer and definitely recommend this product to everyone looking for a solution to crappy O2 wifi! :) - hope this review helped!