on 12 September 2013
The best chopper ever. I am an experienced helicopter pilot but this baby would suit a beginner perfectly. It hovers well and I can fly it indoors. Be careful if not used to flying indoors as you will crash but persevere and you'll love it. Takes a long time to charge but flying time is well worth it
on 6 February 2015
Its OK in very light or no wind. Its far too big to fly indoors unless its a sports hall. It is stable and hovers but it has very little for aft power, so if you get enthusiastic and take it above the tree line, you might find a small breeze at that level causes it to drift off and you don't have enough power to bring it back. Even if you hold it full forward and push the power it climbs further and drifts away. You end up with it in the next field, in the road, or in the tress...you have been warned! So be careful to keep in a big open space and keep it low to start. Be prepared to spend money and happy hours repairing it. You might also want to invest in a learners landing kit to minimise the damage as you learn. You can get extra batteries (which you will need as they last 7 or 8 minutes and take up to 3 hours to charge using the charger that comes with it). Cheapest batteries and spares are from China but you have to wait up to 27 days for them to arrive. The camera is amusing but not great quality. It is fun and easy to fly, but as I say, it mostly hovers and does not go anywhere fast.
on 17 March 2013
I had the Sigma S033g first and although it was fairly easy to fly, the least puff of wind outside made it virtually impossibleas the tail rotor motor was not powerful enough to givwe any forward thrust and acually burnt out.

This T40 helicopter however works like a real one in that the main rotor blades actually vary the flight angle to give forward and backwards thrust, there is no power to the tail rotor as it doesn't need one. You are still limited to a very still day but it does cope with a light breeze. The bonus of having a digital camera pre installed to take video or still photos is also worth having. Its amazing how much fun you can get for a relatively low price. I would recommend the T40 withourt hestitation, far better the the Sigma S033G.
Happy flying
on 25 November 2013
chose this helicopter due to its size , cost and camera, really good model but on very first flight ,slightly heavy landing snapped under carriage, emailed seller was bluntly told to contact manufacturer , could be made stronger cause everyone will crash at some point
on 23 February 2013
Firstly, unless you've had experience of model aircraft control don't expect to be able to be " up, up, and away" with this helicopter.
Further to Mr Singh's comment I can assure you this helicopter does fly. Right over three gardens. By then I'd panicked with the controls and let it plop into a garden with two large horrible barking dogs in it.

I managed to get across to it and looking over the fence were the two dogs, tails down, hackles up, barking and dodging round the crumpled heap of my copter. The woman who lived there came out and returned it to me. I felt a right paper hat.

Amazingly the only damage was a broken rear strut on the undercarriage. I have now fixed it by adding a small 90 degree bracket from the metal chassis across the break. I have also added two struts across the ends of the chassis, secured with self tappers screwed into the ends of the bars. This stops them flexing apart and snapping.

With more self control and less panic I'm sure I will be able to learn to fly the damn thing. Spares are plentiful from a Chinese website. They are cheap but take time for delivery.

I have yet to try the camera as I'm too busy with all the other controls.

I dare you to buy one. I got mine from an online model company for £65 plus £3.98 postage. Great value and service.
on 27 November 2013
Sorry I cant really give my opinion. when I did get the chance to try the machine, was in my back garden, I found it reacted very rapidly and soon the heli was about the bungalow's and off across the rooftops, had a struggle to get it back but travelld futher away until I couldn't tell which way it was pointing, eventually it was out of rang and disappeared out of site, I couldn't recover it, so I left a not in the corner shop and left message to those in south Southampton on Facebook, no news yet, so now I've order another one.
Now thinking back I should have learned to use it in a more open space like the New Forest
on 16 July 2013
Product is good ,but recharge time is very long and this is annoying. It could be improved by a rethink of recharging system.
on 28 December 2014
This is a super 'copter. I found it simple to set up, easy to control, and no more difficult to fly than the small versions I used indoors. I would recommend anyone starting flying to get a small indoor 'copter and learn the basics of how to trim and control before you start flying outside. It seems pretty robust too, as I've already had a forced descent from 10metres which it surviced intact..The camera adds another dimension to the whole experience of flying because you get the playback from the flight, the height will surprise you!
on 18 November 2013
My first venture into remote control helicopters. Very good fun and happy with the product. Would recommend this to friends.
on 13 April 2014
It's a brilliant little machine and is very easy to control. The only bad thing is that the battery takes almost 3 hours to charge and then only lasts for about 15 minutes.

5 star if not for the battery.