on 1 July 2012
The quality on this collection, as said before, is excellent. However it downloads as 6 seperate collections, so playing order is 1,1,1,1,1,1 then 2,2,2,2,2,2. Not 1 to 100 as you might exepct.

It is not a geat issue to sort out, but I don't see why as the end user I should have to.
44 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 September 2013
As others have mentioned, the lack of composers in the MP3 files is a problem, you just can't be sure what you are listening to. The tracks selected are just short sections from larger works, but I found many of them were too short and I wanted to listen to more of it. But I don't know who the composer was, so it is difficult to track it down. I am not a fan of opera, and there were too many operatic selections for my liking.
on 8 October 2016
Firstly, this is a wonderful collection of music and for 2.99 this is probably one of the best value albums you can purchase.

The only thing that you could possibly complain about is the fact that many music apps will show the "Artist" rather than the Composer.
For example, for the first track Handel's "The Arrival of the queen of Sheba" the Artist is shown as Sir Neville Marriner.
This is because the artist tag is filled in with the person/people who played it.
In fact every track on this Album also has a composer tagged with it too, if you want to see the composer rather than the Artist all you need to do is alter the tags by using free software such as MP3Tag on your computer (highly recommend this one by the way) and go through the tracks and copy the Composer's name into the Artist field.

If you are prepared to spend 20mins doing this the only issue can be overcome.
If not it is still a great collection of songs anyway!
on 24 April 2014
As a child and a maturing adult I had no time for the classics Apart from rule Britannia (yes I know that's not it's proper title but I couldn't spell Circumstance) and that one on the coffee ad. You know coffee ad picture title (instant) get it never mind. Right serious head on now. Although in my 60th year, I still look on myself as a maturing adult. Which brings me nicely back to where I should be. As I grow older I take more time to listen to music. Unlike my self the writers of such beautiful music will live on forever. Of the hundred pieces I must be honest there are one or two I can't settle on but will try again one day. The thing about music, and the classics in particular, is you don't have to put yourself in the creators mind. Just lay back close your eyes and let your mind take you over where ever it wants. For that alone I give the full 5 stars. I could go on and turn my review into a saga but I've read somewhere or other that people as a whole tend to switch off if you go on to long so No Wait don't go OK I'll just wait here then should I?
on 24 April 2013
Downloaded this item three times and each time it failed to download Four (4) items from the collection. I get really miffed with Amazon when they make it so difficult to sort out a problem.
I love the music, of course I do otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it. I'ts Amazon I hate, it just so much bother trying to sort MP3 downloads out with them. Have they even thought of testing their selling products ability to download 100% correctly.
Been a customer of Amazon for as long as I can remember (well not quite) but I sure wish something British would take the place of this American 'Like it or lump it attitude'.
on 12 March 2014
Having listened to this collection for three days whilst out walking the dog have stayed out much longer rejoicing in the many famous pieces on this as I wandered through woodlands, fields, marshes, boggy places with ne'er a care in the world. Entering the woodland park to the March from Aida this morning I felt so splendid and this is followed by the Bleu Danube absolute bliss to look at the blue sky and feel like waltzing amongst the trees. Later about 4 hours later today walked home up a steep hill to the Hallelujah chorus with no hint of tiredness at all to find the postman just drawing up in his van with 3 parcels for me. True! Perfect timing I said to and it was in all the classics I have listened to on my mp3. Sadly for some reason it wont charge up and was a done up one and no come back or warranty so my bliss will have to be curtailed until I remedy this sad loss. Thank you so much. Thought buying music downloads would be rather expensive. Wondered at one point if had paid £259 pounds for the hundred and checked again and saw the £2.59 with great relief.
on 1 May 2014
Was on offer, and I thought why not!
I'm not really into any particular music genre, although I've been very influenced by the 70s/80s synth music over the years, and don't really enjoy rock/heavy metal or Opera, so basically I either like something or I don't, no matter what it is.Well I'm really pleased with this collection, because classical music is something I'm ashamed to admit that I know nothing about, but that's not to say I've heard something and enjoyed it, even if it was only used as music in a film.Well thanks to this I had a lot of those 'so that's what it was' moments, as I was recognised a lot of music that I have heard before and like, but had no idea what it was, or which composer it was by.All in all, it's been a great introduction, not that I'm suddenly going to start buying classical music, but it's another listening choice that I never thought I'd like as much as I did.So, if like me, classical music is a bit of a mystery to you, then why not give this a try, you'll get to hear a lot of popular classical pieces, and if you enjoy, you've got quite a collection here, if you don't, well, you've given it a go, and you haven't lost much money to find it's not your thing.
on 9 November 2013
This outstanding collection of 100 popular classical tracks is exceptional value (at just under two quid at the time of writing). The title is an apt one as you do feel as though you acquire an instant collection of some of the best known and loved pieces. Admittedly a few of them are the familiar ones that crop up time and again on such collections but I don't think it detracts at all from the choices made for this compilation. It contains new to me arrangements of a couple of my favourite pieces which I found of interest. I think the album is versatile enough to be an entry level album as well as being able to satisfy those more familiar with classical. The sound quality is pretty decent and I think the only minor drawback is that there is no composer information. Over the last few weeks this album has provided a superb backdrop for me to do my marking by.

A 5* pleasure.
on 30 December 2014
Exceptional value, very good classical selection and audio is brilliant. All this for £2.49 how do they do that ?
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 August 2013
I just did a survey of my CD's and found that I could find all these tracks in my CD collection.

However this product has two advantages: 1. the mp3 files seem to have been prepared with listening on the move in mind, with reduced dynamic range so you could enjoy them in noisy environments without having to turn up the volume too much and 2. somebody has done the mp3 conversion for you so you don't have to do it yourself - the amount of work involved is much more expensive than 2 quid, esp. considering getting the dynamic range reduction right.

Track selection is more conventional than even Classic FM. All in all a solidly conservative product which works well. Just don't expect to listen to it in a very quiet environment and get all the nuances in the music. For that one should go back to the CD's.

Obviously if you are against excerpts in principle, this is not for you.