on 3 November 2017
I was sceptical about this working with my PS4. But it actually worked. I got the 4TB drive.
I have it connected to one of the USB in the front. When I tried to save something it said I needed to go to Settings > Devices > USB Storage Devices. Then format it for expansion storage.
Once done, transferred games (Settings > Storage > System Storage > Applications then press the options menu to bring up Move to extended drive - takes about 10minutes, depending on size) and downloaded Games onto it. And they run fine.
review imagereview image
on 6 January 2018
Works for me. I tried it first with my Panasonic Viera TV, but it caused problems, freezing the recording part of the TV Freesat. But I've read about so many problems with Viera's and hard drives, so I don't think it's the drive's fault. I formatted it for Mac and now I use it for storage and back up
on 11 September 2016
Managed to cleanly open it and extract drive to put into PS4! Rebuilt with old 500GB drive.
on 7 May 2014
Hi I bought this for my Humax 2000t 500GB as an external drive.

I was a little concerned if it would do the work as I wanted to transfer 480MB from the Humax 2000t to the Seagate using only the power through the USB Port.

It worked fine, however it did take over fifty hours, maybe a powered hard drive would have been faster.
Having said that It works fine and I can watch my recorded programs without problem.

As far as I know you cant record to the external drive.
Recommended to any one.
on 13 March 2017
About 4-5 months of usage the metal part (connector) which connects the cable with the hardline became loose and then after a few weeks I couldn't connect it at all. Normally I'd just send it back but unfortunately I'm travelling in Asia and it isn't possible. I had to get a new box for £15 here in Laos. Not impressed with a quality of the connection port but the rest works fine.
on 14 January 2017
Drive arrived on time and with no issues or bad sectors. I had no problems transferring large files to and from the drive. Seagates reliability has been improving in testing recently so I'm hoping for a long life but only time will tell
on 16 May 2017
Arrived incredibly quickly. The item was well packaged and securely sealed. Once opened, it was very easy to set up - you just plug it in and can start backing up your files immediately. Nice looking design and lightweight.
on 13 August 2016
Use as a backup drive in an undemanding environment. Not getting full USB3 speeds but then likewise with a WD passport, so likely my PC. Partitioned as NTFS drive and a FATX drive the latter to share with my son who uses Macs. Reliability is the key, after 4 weeks it is still working.
on 30 September 2015
A nice compact portable 1TB drive. My only complaint is the poxy little USB lead that is supplied with it. Why supply such a useless length of cable? Wire isn't expensive and as an Engineer I find irritatingly short cables to be a bit of an insult to the consumer! Fortunately it isn't necessary to use it and a standard mini usb lead works fine.
on 11 August 2017
This is a nice design. I did find that it didn't show up in my devices and wouldn't mount on specific devices at one point and I got really scared I lost my pictures! But it mounted on another, and then it started to work again fine.