on 8 December 2013
The only good thing about this "book" is that when I purchased it, it was free for kindle.

This is not a book, but rather an essay describing the evolution of web technology that has now arrived at javascript and HTML5. Do not expect to learn about how to actually use either javascript or HTML5 as nothing like that is covered in the essay.
on 4 September 2015
This is fair enough but glosses over the potential and value of the semantic web without telling us anything about how to implement the basic technologies. It would be much more valuable even if it gave better external references to appropriate resources for learning or comparison.
on 22 July 2013
So this was free. That's a plus point. And yes, in its limited number of pages I did get some understanding of what makes HTML5 tick, but in most respects this was a pointless read. It's feels more like a cross between a plea by the author not to misunderstand what HTML5 is, and a sort of long-winded sales pitch. There are a few bits of "information" that add some meat to what is otherwise fairly barebones, but you'll probably read this once and forget all about it - like me.

If you have no idea - also like me - what makes HTML5 tick, then this won't really tell you anything you really need to know, but it'll probably help to increase your understanding - a little.

So in short, worth a read but only if you want a glorified sales pitch.

Edit: Just discovered something about the cover that probably has nothing to do with this particular version but more about s-view itself: if you fold the cover around to the back (so that you can use it "normally", then the S-View functionality kicks in again. So if, like me, you type in portrait using both thumbs, this is completely and utterly useless. It also means that I won't be able to use it in my car holder since my phone is my SatNav. Oh well. Glad I didn't pay a fortune to find all this out.
on 18 April 2014
Overall, I thought the book presented its information well, gave a valuable conclusion, and, finally created an insight to those interested in JavaScript and HTML5. It was indeed ideal for its value; however it would have been better to include a deeper vision of both the languages. But, it did certainly present what it said it would and is a model ‘decider’ for which language you would wish to use in today’s society.
on 1 March 2014
I have received some excellent books for free off of Kindle but this is nothing more than a taster to get you buy other books. Do not waste your time downloading this book and I am deleting my copy from my Kindle.
on 10 February 2013
This has just been adapted from an article, the author says as much in one chapter. Fine for free but if it ever costs money just search and you will find tons of better articles.

Having said that it's nicely written and Will be interesting to some (hence rating). It's just so vague and doesn't have any guts, all this does is peek your interest or in my case make me think well I knew that but how do I use it. Not enough content to justify a book in my opinion, it's a magazine article at best.
on 16 February 2014
Not sure why this was published, just a few pages of information about what JavaScript and HTML5 are, not how to use it, or why it should be used. Anyone who has ever used JS or HTML will find nothing useful in here.
on 5 January 2016
If you require a history lesson on HTML5 and JavaScript, then this book will serve you well. Other than that you would be better buying another book, on how HTML5 and JavaScript works.
on 2 February 2013
Nothing here I found enlightening or useful for web development, not the tutorial I expected it to be. Not sure why it has a price tag at all.
on 30 June 2013
umm! not exactly what I was hoping - it is a brief introduction to the language - but I personally wanted more practical stuff - maybe mine was only a sample copy - must check