on 4 May 2014
Some of the reviews border on professional critic standard and are brilliant. Mine is from a purely ordinary "series watcher" prospective. I do not have mainstream TV so only watch DVDs bought on Amazon and therefore reviews are very important to me. This was a brilliant series. As said previously, the way The Hour captured the era was spot on. The costumes, the sets and the characters were first class. The way of life may seem unbelievable to a younger generation with the lack of 'political correctness and all that alcohol and the cigarettes but that is exactly what it was like. The way the characters changed was superb. People you thought would never change did. Characters you really didn't like became your favourites. I agree that the relationship between Bel and Freddie was the most unconvincing to me but at the end even I could understand it, though he wouldn't have been my choice! I would never reveal any of the plots but if you want a cliffhanging end, a series with the most wonderful acting, costumes and sets, plots which will twist and turn then get this. One of the best things we have ever watched and cannot understand why people did not watch the second series as much. This should have gone into at least a third series. I am just dying to say who changed, how relationships died or were resurrected and how weak characters became strong but don't want to spoil it for anyone. Don't judge anyone until the end is all I WILL say! And - buy it!!
on 23 June 2014
I thought this was the best series on television for ages and I can't believe that there is not going to be a third series. I can only assume that Ben Wishaw and all the other main characters are so busy that they cannot find time for another series. So frustrating as there are so many storylines unfinished. Great actors and clothes evocative of the 1950's. The last decade of formal dressing. A great series and sadly missed.
on 26 July 2014
I don't quite know how the BBC could cancel a show that's about a BBC show trying not to get cancelled, with exquisite performances ad the most brilliant script. I'm so mad at the beeb for cancelling this but I have found it to be very re-watchable. It also makes a great present I think I've bought it three times now...!
on 17 January 2016
Series One & Two, simply wonderful entertainment. Great story lines and dialogue delivered brilliantly by ALL actors. The fashion , hair, make up and sets are a delight to see. As enjoyable as anything produced by HBO, well done BBC.
on 12 May 2013
Brillant acting, especially by Romola Garai and Ben Whishaw, of course. But all the others are so wonderful, too. You British really have outstanding actors! Marvellous dialogues and reincarnation of the Fifties to the very last detail including the language ("wireless" - I understand nobody except HM says that anymore). The BBC at their very best. Very sorry series 3 shall not be launched.
on 13 December 2013
This is a fantastic piece of work by the BBC. Brilliant cast & performances, well written, thrilling and great storytelling. I can't believe a 3rd series isn't being made - sign the petition at [...] to try to get the BBC to change their minds. After all, the BBC does belong to us! Rarely does it produce anything of this quality. Simply brilliant - and it features the superb Ben Wishaw, who will surely go on to be one of THE actors of his generation.
on 14 July 2013
An outstanding and imaginative series with a fantastic cast. Only one regret that for a purely unsufficient number of viewers it was cancelled. Any other network which would have dared pursuing the adventure ? A pity.

Suffice is to say the series was greatly appreciated in France.
on 18 February 2013
Wow - If you missed this you really ought to see this and tell others about it! It is amongst the best UK drama series in years: watch it for the story, watch it for the style - a true gem! Set in the 1950's in a BBC Television news studio - It has a bit everything: drama, passion, crime, espionage, and history. Romola Garai, Ben Whishaw, Dominic West, Oona Chaplin, and the superb Anna Chancellor are perfectly cast. Just hope the BBC will commission a third series!
on 18 April 2013
Loveable caracters in an interesting social and political historical context. Thrilling plots. Very actual despite it takes place in the 50's
on 25 June 2013
I love this tv show,and just like Ben (Whishaw),I'm very dessapointed about not having a third serie = ( .
#SaveTheHour