on 28 June 2016
I love Goldie Hawn. And in truth, perhaps I got used to her cheerful on screen persona a little too much to read the autobiography. While her book is very honest, written with a lot of integrity and a lot of quotes that are worth to remember - I have lost my enthusiasm about 100 pages into it and there are about 366 more to read. I never thought that I was invested so much in her on screen characters that I would not have interest in her personal life after all. In fact, I thought I wanted to know more. She is very much like the rest of us and had some hard lessons in her life, as described in the book. I guess I just don't want to add to my own by reading it. I wonder if it would have read better if she had written it all by herself..
on 10 August 2014
I really enjoyed this book and found it an inspiring and uplifting read. Goldie gives, what seem to be, honest accounts of periods in her life, that were both good and bad and made her who she is today. I love the intimate and almost conversational style it is written in , which really involves the reader. Goldie does not boost about her achievements and speaks with humility about the success she has achieved.
What I really enjoyed, are the stories she tells about her childhood, her parents and her family, some of which are very moving. She is obviously very interested in the spiritual side of life and it was interesting to read about how she started to practise meditation and how this has helped her stay sane and calm, even in the artificial world of Hollywood.
I read this on my Kindle, but would really like to purchase the paperback for my Mum, as I think she would love it too and it has some pictures and illustrations that would be nicer to browse in a real book.
on 27 April 2014
This has to be the best autobiography I have ever read! I remember watching a documentary Goldie Hawn did a few years back with Ruby Wax and it struck me how spiritual she was. She is a very enlightened woman indeed. I was intrigued to learn about her out of body experience she had in a car crash when she was younger and also about the one her friend had from Private Benjamin. Overall, a much loved woman,wife,mother, daughter and sister.
I bought this on Amazon Marketplace and it was in excellent condition, cheap and delivery was fast.
I would definitely recommend to anyone.
on 27 November 2015
Oh this book was great couldn't put it down. Goldie is a lovely caring women like an angel on earth just my kind of person happy funny and caring it was like a best friend talking to you .The book was so uplifting and changed your way of thinking to positive thoughts .I recommend this boom to anyone who feels abit down and fed up
on 9 December 2017
I have always enjoyed Goldie Hawns films, which is why I wanted to read this book. Even tho this book does not cover that much of her life in the films I love it does cover her life experiences and how she has learnt from them. The book was not what I was expecting however I loved every moment and have found the joy that Goldie herself found throughout her life. Highly recommended.
on 4 April 2018
What a lovely woman Goldie is. I loved the boo k and for once I was not bored . Like most show biz bios they tend to go on and on about their films etc.. Some of this book made me cry. I loved it
on 9 April 2015
A wonderful read from a really lovely actress who isnt afraid to show her flaws. Hawn comes across really well in this lovely tale of her life. 1st and foremost a mother and her relationship with Russell and her kids shines through.
on 30 July 2017
Partner was delighted with this book. Nice present.
on 20 March 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book about all her experiences and her journey to becoming famous. I have been a fan of Goldie Hawn's since Rowan and Martin's Laugh In and this book shows her to be a very warm and genuine person. Would definitely recommend it.
on 14 April 2015
I stopped reading this, i found it to be so patronising and far too full of herself. Yes she is funny and achieved great things but i felt that i was being preached too.
One person found this helpful