Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 9 June 2005
What a read! I don't know what I was expecting, but this book exceeded any expectations from beginning to end. A life rooted in family which appears little affected by hollywood. Wonderful sixties memories, humour, heartache and an obvious deep spirituality. A great actress,daughter,mother,lover and person, like I said pure gold.
on 26 August 2005
Brilliant book. One of the best autobiographies I have read. Goldie Hawn is a truly inspiring lady. Her warmth glows through the pages. A definate must read.
on 5 July 2010
I found this book quite by accident in a shop. I had been meaning to read it for ages, simply because I had heard rumors that Goldie was really quite spiritual and deeply philosophical. I was about eight when I first caught sight of Goldie Hawn on American's "Laugh-In" TV show. She played a ditsy, bumbling, super-giggling blonde who always flubbed her lines. Her eyes were huge and the deepest blue and she had a cute pixie haircut that all of the girls in my class wished they had. This book was a real surprise to me.

Goldie is not only gut-wrenchingly truthful in telling her stories, the book has a depth that I have not read in many autobiographies. One minute I was laughing with the stories of her mother or her father and the next minute, I was weepy over a story of some great truth she had learned through a sorrowful experience. She isn't just an actress telling stories of her life, she actually is able to probe into the deeper reasons that she did was she did and even her mistakes are laid out bare with the lessons she culled from her behavior. Not many people are willing to do that.

It's not only the experiences she shares that are witty or throught-provoking....the book co-written with Wendy Holden is really very well executed. It's rare that I find an autobiography that I don't want to end! This was one. The book is utterly delightful and you will never call Goldie a "ditsy blonde" again...she is quite the entrepreneur, the humanitarian...and the woman who will never take "no" for an answer. A lovely book about a lovely woman. You will laugh out loud in parts and grab a hankie, too. Highly recommended!
on 28 June 2016
I love Goldie Hawn. And in truth, perhaps I got used to her cheerful on screen persona a little too much to read the autobiography. While her book is very honest, written with a lot of integrity and a lot of quotes that are worth to remember - I have lost my enthusiasm about 100 pages into it and there are about 366 more to read. I never thought that I was invested so much in her on screen characters that I would not have interest in her personal life after all. In fact, I thought I wanted to know more. She is very much like the rest of us and had some hard lessons in her life, as described in the book. I guess I just don't want to add to my own by reading it. I wonder if it would have read better if she had written it all by herself..
on 20 May 2005
You have seen the funny Goldie in movies, you have seen the serious side of her as an actress...now read about the real life woman. In all her glory, through ups and downs this bright and funny woman is honest in her reflections and makes no bones about the woman that she is. If you loved her as an actress....you will love her even more as an author.
on 7 March 2006
This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. This isn't just an autobiography, but a human journey which covers everything from siblings, parents, love, travel and loss. It is warm and thoughtful and her observations and articulate ponderings brought tears to my eyes several times as I compared Goldies stories to my own experiences. The book left me with the feeling that I had had a long and intimate conversation with a wise woman and I felt all the better for it.
on 27 November 2015
Oh this book was great couldn't put it down. Goldie is a lovely caring women like an angel on earth just my kind of person happy funny and caring it was like a best friend talking to you .The book was so uplifting and changed your way of thinking to positive thoughts .I recommend this boom to anyone who feels abit down and fed up
on 27 April 2014
This has to be the best autobiography I have ever read! I remember watching a documentary Goldie Hawn did a few years back with Ruby Wax and it struck me how spiritual she was. She is a very enlightened woman indeed. I was intrigued to learn about her out of body experience she had in a car crash when she was younger and also about the one her friend had from Private Benjamin. Overall, a much loved woman,wife,mother, daughter and sister.
I bought this on Amazon Marketplace and it was in excellent condition, cheap and delivery was fast.
I would definitely recommend to anyone.
on 9 April 2015
A wonderful read from a really lovely actress who isnt afraid to show her flaws. Hawn comes across really well in this lovely tale of her life. 1st and foremost a mother and her relationship with Russell and her kids shines through.
on 10 July 2005
A truly amazing book & an even more amazing lady. If you purchase this book, you won't be disappointed.