on 10 April 2016
Identical to one I bought in Maplin 'on offer' at twice the price! I lost that one and couldn't afford to replace it at Maplin's 'proper' price. Thankfully I found this on Amazon – Maplin would have had this business if they were not so greedy! I would have given it five stars but it often stops earlier than I expect which might be due to the battery – but I leave it one for hours of full charge so I don't know what's going on. But it works well otherwise and is exceptionally good value for money.
on 6 August 2014
Bought from WMicroUK, the first camera I bought, I thought I'd lost the CD out of the box. So figuring as a cheap cam, I'd just get another.

Nope this also arrived also without the disk.

the two cameras have now been on charge for 24 hours. and 36 hours respectively, into proper USB chargers, not just a usb port on a computer. Neither show that they are fully charged according to the manual.

When plugged into a freshly built windows 7 machine, is asks for drivers.

So that blows this out of the water for using is as a webcam as advertised then.

the controls are not intuitive, not obvious.

I set my 11 year old the challenge to get some pictures on it, (with the manual) they failed.

I managed it, but I'm not sure what resolution I set, how I set it for voice recognition or a whole heap of other features it's supposed to have.

So out of it's features.
Manually and sound activated recording - Nope. Manual sort of.
Webcam function for online video chat - Nope no CD
Operating System: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Window 7 - Nope that's a fib.
Charge Time: About 3hours - Nope. 36 hours and counting.
on 3 December 2016
Good
on 5 February 2014
... and all will be well.

i have to say - I got mine from ebuyer but it's the same as the one on sale here.

Just let's not forget - this is a mini-camcorder for under a tenner - once again - a mini-camcorder for the price of a pint and a portion of chips - and some change!

I have some serious video equipment in my arsenal - so maybe I am at an advantage when it comes to the quality I would expect for a piffling price - but goodness - don't some people get their knickers in a twist.

So, firstly, if you get one of these and it doesn't work - why - just return it for a refund - how simple can it be.

Next - be careful - really careful - when you insert the sd card - I can see how one could easily jam the sd card under part of the internal frame - just be patient and don't force it (ooooeeerr)

operation? a doddle - long press power - it switch's on - then press record to start, and record again to stop - it's that challenging.!

Video quality - well - it's dreadful - but I guess you can sorta 'effects' it in your chosen NLE to make it look passable - ish.

Size? brilliant - if only a GoPro where this size!

Connection to your PC is easy - just plug in and it shows as a removable drive.

My main SERIOUS criticism would be that (at least on my version) you cant turn the effing date-stamp off that appears on the bottom right-hand corner. Hey-ho - one can't have everything I guess.

Angle of view aint very wide - low-light ability poor natch.

But come on - in good light - it's passable (just - oh OK, not really) and you can stick in in some interesting places!! I use it to supplement some of my other 'locked down' stuff just to give me the luxury of the odd choice of viewpoint here and there. It really aint that bad - really - especially for nine pounds!

so - to sum up - if you get a 'baddun' return it (you are covered by the DSR after all) - otherwise - marvel at what you are getting for a paltry price and have a heap of fun - anyway - must be off - I think my dog has just eaten mine......

Kind regards.
11 Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2016
not what was need high qualety
on 13 May 2014
How to tell a MD80 from a D001

MD80: Matt front D001: Shiny front
MD80: Slide switches for power & mode D001: Push switches
MD80: Time stamp is white D001: Time stamp is yellow
MD80: Box Front Says 'Mini DV' D001: Box Front Says 'Voice Recorder'

PS The MD80 Angle of View is 60 degrees, the D001 AoV is just 20.

[...]
Go to Gearbest(DOT)com to get the REAL one for £11! They also have a waterproof case for it!
I have NO affiliation to them but I'm sick of Amazon rip offs.
on 8 March 2014
What a piece of kit for the money. It's not going to compete with a £300 camera so don't expect it to. If it lasts a year I'll be extremely happy, the sound activation worked when checking what my dog gets up to when I'm out. Delivered within a week at christmas time too.
on 7 November 2013
too bad the manual is so poorly translated I still have to figure how to operate it properly! Not suitable for outdoors activity, as the case is not waterproof and very light.
on 26 July 2012
Purchased from Elifestore. now unable to contact them. Is a great little camera. In fact amazing how good the reproduction pictures are. On second use the provided clip fell apart and as it is a strong coil spring and central pin I am unable to reassemble. Should like to contact Elifestore for a return and replacement of this malfunctioned Clip. Checking on Google Search seems that this company is unavailable everywhere. So buyer beware.
on 5 August 2014
Lots of bits missing, including the disc driver. This means I cannot change the date on the camera which is imprinted on every clip and as I wish to use it to collate evidence, renders it pretty useless for me. I can watch bits of video from it, but the date stamp being wrong means I cannot forward them as evidence.