on 22 August 2017
ok
on 18 August 2012
Yet another in a long line of TV serials that never survived beyond its initial season,makes its debut on DVD.Not knowing anything about it I went into it with an open mind,and I must admit I was very impressed.Theres noting deep or meaningful on offer here,its just a sci fi,action series,and viewed just as that then its a winner,serving up plenty of action in each episode,and maintaining a solid standard of production values throughout its run.Kristanna Loken does well in the title role,though it must be said it demands more from her physical prowess than acting ability.The rest of the cast were all unknows to me,but they all give solid performances,which does help lift the series up above the norm,at least in the acting stakes.

As good as I found the show to be,I can kind of understand why it was cancelled.It doesnt do enough to stand out.Its a good example of its kind,but there is nothing new on offer.Everything about it is a formula that you will have seen before,just put together in a slightly different order.But this doesnt make it a bad show,as I said it impressed me and I really did enjoy every episode,and as long as your not looking for something groundbreaking,I think you will too.Obviously it helps if your into the sci fi,action genre,but it isnt a requirement,as it keeps thoes elements of the show from taking over too much,which is a good thing if your more of an action fan.A shame the show was cancelled,but Im glad I found it eventually,and I consider it worth the money I paid for it.
22 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2013
I enjoyed this series, but it's not for everyone. Too over the top but entertaining & a bit difficult to follow at times.
on 31 March 2013
I'm giving this three stars because it is a little flawed and they cancelled it too soon. Kristanna Loken is good in the main role - sometimes unrecognisable from her most famous role as the Terminator in T3, but in one episode she wears practically the same outfit. It's a sci-fi, shoot 'em up, fight, supernatural mix. It's great if you like that kind of thing, and there's a different 'villain' every time that you can't work out, plus an ongoing story about the heroine trying to work out why she's invincible. Yes, if that sounds your cup of tea, this is the show for you!
on 21 November 2012
It's a shame this only lasted for one series because it had the potential to go further. Kristanna Loken is excellent
on 13 March 2013
Great series, but a times a little dark for my taste. (I am a self-confessed wimp, so that's not saying much!)
on 24 October 2016
This is actually great fun and is very well produced. The only flaw is that the plots are sometimes too contrived. It certainly deserved another season. The inanely repetitive CSI: Boredom series goes on forever, but PKJ gets cancelled after one season? A clear example of anti-genre bias.
on 7 November 2013
I do confess i ordered this in error but this is error is my fault but it is good and keeps you wanting to see it all in one go, it just unmissable.
on 3 March 2016