on 11 September 2012
I was expecting one long story about the life off Robin Hood but what this book actually is is a series of successive short stories. They do follow on from one another but they would not need to be read all in one go. I really enjoyed the tales and antics of Robin Hood and his Merry Men, it was such a different style of writing to anything I had read before and clearly a very different culture to what we have today.
on 2 December 2013
In Howard Pyle's The Adventures of Robin Hood, you will find all the old stories and legends of Robin, his merry band of outlaws, Friar Tuck, Maid Marion, and of course the wicked Sheriff of Nottingham. All told in the old way, full of action and adventure. \written about one hundred years ago (Well before Film and Television had given them American accents!)
Get the book, you will enjoy it
on 16 August 2014
A wonderful, idyllic English landscape is described peppered with noble heroes and vile villains. This traditional tale highlights all that we would love to believe of these romanticised times and ends with the most poignant twist of all.
Read this to your children and forget Walt Disney.
on 19 March 2013
For those of us who read real Robin Hood stories and other related literature this is an interesting read putting together some of the old 'ballads' and stories in an older English.
I'm still trying to find the Blue Boar pub around Nottinghamshire :-)
on 7 July 2013
I was a very early reader and at about seven having read everything I could for my age I had the pleasure of first reading this book. I was browsing the classics recently and came upon it once more, an excellent and enjoyable book
on 14 March 2014
My son is 7 and really loved this story, he can read it himself, but enjoyed it when we read it together too. I loved reading it as well. Well written, some good illustrations too, but not too many.
on 10 January 2017
I really struggled with this book but that was mainly down to the language, I should have read a more recent edition as old English is tough. I'm glad I read it though as I've never seen the film.
on 26 February 2015
Great way to have your younger kids read the great classics without being scared to bits. My 7 year old son loves this so much he gave his copy to his best friend and I had to buy him another!
on 11 June 2013
I very easy read and good stories. Some of the language is very old fashioned but I suppose it gives a feel of authenticity. I would recommend it as long as you don't take it too seriously.
on 30 May 2014
This bok was bought for a little boy who was going for a holiday in Sherwood forest. It was just above his reading level and so had to be read to him but he loved it! He is 5 years old.