on 25 October 2012
I purchased this warranty and hope it lives up to expectation. I received a welcome email from Square Trade, which stated that I could log into the buyer centre on the Square Trade website and print off my policy document 24 hours a day. I tried this and was unable to find out how to print the details off. I telephoned Square Trade and the person I spoke to was also unable to find out how to print off the poicy conditions. After asking a colleague he informed me that I needed to go to the Amazon website, locate the policy, scroll down to a couple of links embedded in the page and would find the policy details and key facts about the policy.

This did rather leave me wondering why the email from Square Trade invited me to go to their website for the policy details, when they are actually on the Amazon website.

Talk about cart and horse!
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2013
Have just purchased warranty for my new Kindle Paperwhite 3G. I saw it in the additional items window with my purchase, and decided to go ahead. Cost £44.99 for 3 year cover.

The warranty stated that it included for theft. I printed off the warranty cover document emailed by Square Trade. Under the heading Cover Description, it states :- " it does not provide protection against theft".

Have cancelled this warranty, would advise anyone else to read the small print.
22 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2012
My two year old Kindle, purchased from Amazon, which I use daily for about one hour broke down and was totally dead. As I had taken out Square Trade 3 Year Insurance Cover I rang them and explained the problem. I was assured this was no problem, and I would receive a replacement, with my 140 books content already loaded, within two days. In fact, it arived some 18 hours after the phone call.

I am more than delighted with the service I received.

I would have liked to upgrade my Kinde and pay the difference. Regretably Kindle do not offer this facility.

Having been quite impressed by the discription of the Kindle Paperwhite I decided to purchase this from Amazon as well, together with Square Trade 3 Year Insurance Cover, and look forward to receiving it upon release. I assume I can either sell my new replacement Kindle, or give it as a gift to a family member, to register it in his/her own name.
on 16 January 2013
The premium is more than a third of the price of the product (£109). Note that the cover is not covered, just the Kindle.
If it is stolen at home, ie you are burgled, your household insurance already covers it.
It's not covered if you lose it (the most likely scenario)
You would have to be the victim of a robbery to benefit. There aren't too many robberies around my area!
This leaves breakdown. It's already covered by Amazon for the first year.
So effectively, in terms of risk, you are getting 2 yrs breakdown cover. Pricey.
on 8 May 2013
This is a great product for kindle owners. Unfortunately I have broken 2 kindles accidentally (the joys of having to small children 'helping' to move things) and have had to fully replace one just outside of the 12 month warranty. I wished I had been able to purchase this before as it would have been a lot cheaper than buying a new kindle!

This warranty offers great cover and peace of mind.
on 22 November 2012
Thank you once again for the recent help you gave me, and all the trouble you went though. I highly reccomend anyone taking out ensurence with you. If you divide the price of the ensurence by three, you will see just how cheap it really is. Happy shopping !

Nat:
on 3 March 2013
I wasn't going to buy this, but after careful consideration decided it was a good idea, and I am pleased that I have done so, for peace of mind, just in case anything went wrong with my kindle
on 10 June 2013
As I am an avid reader, you can understand how I felt when my Kindles screen failed and was not able to read any of my books. Fortunately when buying the kindle I took out the insurance with Square trade. I was able to phone them (even on a Sunday!) and can honestly say that the assistance that I was given was excellent (thanks Rudy). The assistant managed to organise a replacement straight away and even rang back when they said that they would to confirm the details. If you are in any doubt whether or not to take this insurance out, do not think twice.
on 13 August 2013
I haven't had the misfortune to make a claim so far, but this is my second policy. The buying process is extremely smooth and easy and the policy is sent by email.

I have also bought a policy for my mother's Kindle Touch that I bought as a present, and as such I wanted to change the name of the policy holder. The customer service was excellent, the person I spoke to was very helpful and they made the process of changing the name very simple.

As stated above, i haven't made a claim but I would hope that IF I ever do, the customer service would be as good for that process too.
on 5 August 2013
I bought a kindle for a friend's birthday and having accidentally broken my own in the past I bought insurance in a bundle with it - it arrived registered to me, which is no use whatsoever - I tried contacting them via email but they want me to phone a help number in the USA to set it up - they can't seem to cope with me being in England and this being a gift - I've emailed them again asking for instructions but nobody has got back to me - this was supposed to make life easier - I may as well have just set fire to my money for all the use this is being to me
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse