on 18 November 2013
Rather than a long, drawn-out book about the ups and downs of homeschooling, this short account of what works well for Kelly and her family of very bright girls will have you feeling positive about making use of every day situations, events and experiences and turning them into learning opportunities.

This was a very inspiring read, and offers just the sort of reassurance I need to create a successful, yet flexible teaching schedule for my son.
7 people found this helpful
on 26 April 2017
Brilliant book with so many tips for homeschooling, has already helped me get so much more organised although I still have so many of the resourced to check out. I've put this book down on my list to read again and again every year just to keep me inspired.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 December 2013
Everyone's experience and confidence in home schooling varies, but I have found that reading up on education and home schooling a great help. Together with joining local Home Ed. groups, Kelly Wallace and certain other authors help shore up ones confidence in a world that is generally suspicious of anyone who dares step outside the 'system'.
7 people found this helpful
on 28 March 2014
I was disappointed with this book. I enjoyed the writing but there was so little information in it really. Did make you feel good about the idea of homeschooling and gives some ideas but I finished reading it in the course of one bath. However out of all the books I have bought on homeschooling its the only one my husband has contemplated reading! :)
4 people found this helpful
on 24 September 2015
I have been homeschooling my sonsince he was 2. It is an adventure for both of us since we are both lerning together. It is daunting task though because it is my first child and I feel the weight of responsability. No regrets! However this book has given me the confidence to keep up and consolidate my methods and try other methods.
Thank you gor the simplicity of this book, but its depth is certainly helping me to be more creative and efficient.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 February 2017
An excellent book about homeschooling and some super tips and information all presented in such an entertaining way. The style of writing is easily readable and enjoyable with a super insight into the world of homechooling. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and got lots of ideas.
on 13 October 2015
Good ideas. Good basic guide but slightly more relevant to USA readers.
One person found this helpful
on 7 October 2013
I am British so find alot of books very hard to enjoy when they are from America, however this book isn't hard to read between the lines so would recommend as a reference book
3 people found this helpful
on 12 July 2015
If you are new to homeschooling, this is a perfect and simple guide to get you started.
on 29 June 2014
Inspirational, helped me believe I could do it. Definitely buy this book if you're thinking of Home Edding.
One person found this helpful