on 4 February 2017
This was one of my favourite books when I was aged around 9 - along with Little Women, the Enid Blyton boarding school books and similar - which I have just re-read as an adult.

It is a lovely story, which - while clearly set in the past - doesn't feel dated. In fact, it's set far earlier than I would have guessed. Perfect to appeal to young girls aged about 8-11, (much as I try to avoid gender stereotyping, I can't see it appealing to many boys) - it has that wonderful combination of girls with a bit of feistiness / character about them, good adventures, moral improvement, an idealised family environment, wise adults.

My children aren't quite old enough for this yet, but I'm looking forward to reading it with them in a couple of years.
on 23 October 2017
Another of the classic children's books I ordered and am pleased with it. Some of the spellings are not correct but that is the way the book is written, great story.
on 21 August 2017
Great
on 9 August 2017
My mum read this book to me and I'm not much of a reader but this is one to read!! It is full of surprises and fun twists this book is great ❤️x
on 19 September 2017
Really enjoyable reading.
on 14 March 2014
My granddaughter loved this classic . I read it as a child and was enthralled so was glad to see she felt the same.
on 27 August 2013
Excellent classic. Always a good read and one you can read again and again. Touch of nostalgia. Suitable for all ages.
on 11 August 2017
Loved this book as a child. Still love it as an o a p. Great follow up. A sweet story
on 27 June 2013
I must have read this for the first time at least 54 years ago. A lovely book but probably not at all suitable for the 8 year old's of today...
on 21 October 2014
Brilliant book, loved it!