on 27 October 2015
I loved reading this it's a great book really happy I bought it
on 18 September 2014
I lovvved this book I love all the characters and filled up when Alex died so sad can't wait to read book 4
on 3 May 2016
Another elaborate and intriguing plot - this is a fascinating series so far and can't wait to see what happens next. I'm impressed at how well the author is managing such a complex story along with its various subplots and many different characters while keeping it all engaging. The ending was very sad.
on 29 June 2013
In this book we meet Hanna, we don't know what she is or where she came from. If you remember the ending to "Bane" Aimee went to a house and put an old man out of his misery, in the first few pages of this book, you find out that that gentleman was in fact Hanna's father.

In the beginning of this book, she wakes one day to be locked inside the boot of a car, once she speaks to Roland (Her fathers Butler, so to say,) she manages to learn what's happened, she appeared with her clothes torn and signs of GBH all the while her best friend "Murdered". Reading through journals written by her father she found an answer, as to her birth history and what "being" she is, but it was far from the one she wanted. Unable to accept what she was, Hanna accepted the help of her father's long time friend Marcus.

Hanna is thrust into a world of "Special" people, people who treat her differently due to the type of being that she is.

Hanna is toing and frowing between two guys throughout this book, Sam & Marcus.

Sam is a loving, adorable guy who is giving Hanna space to become friends before he puts the moves on her, but whilst he's giving her space Marcus is manipulating her, controlling her actions and swiping her of her feet (Literally)

Hanna's world just got turned topsy turvy.

I have to say this book is actioned packed from the 1st word on the 1st page of the 1st chapter.

The ending is heartbreaking (Won't spoil it for ya) I literally cried at the ending, how can something like that happen to all of them, Poor Lydia, Poor Dorian, Poor Ari, Poor Aimee, Poor Sam, Poor Lucas, Poor Alek, Poor Ben.

I hope we find some answers in the 4th instalment "Witch"
on 27 March 2013
Book 3, Hyde, was my favourite of The Devil's Roses series so far. I found Hanna a far more intriguing heroine than either Aimee or Ari and perhaps her emotional vulnerability made her easier to connect with.
As the title suggests Hyde is a modern retelling of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, with Hanna transforming into the monster. However, this is not the extent of Hanna's supernatural 'powers' and it is necessary for her to become part of the Roses to understand herself. I love the way in which Tara Brown allows Hanna to use her sexuality without guilt and as Sam tells her, 'Everyone of us uses what we have to to survive'.
In Hyde we meet familiar characters such as Aimee, Ari, Aleksander and Lydia but are also introduced to a cast of interesting new ones like Marcus, Roland, Sam and Henry. Tara Brown develops strong relationships amongst the characters in this story, and I think the plot is an emotional one for everyone, including the reader.
I am now about to start book four, with excitement and slight trepidation!
on 21 September 2013
They seam to be getting better and better, love the series so far. this one I thought had a lot more action and also more detailed in the bedroom department. Can't believe how it ended it was a sad one and some characters will be missed in the next book.
on 4 January 2014
Sorry but I don't think Hyde is as good as the first two in this series. It just hasn't gripped me as much as the others did and I find Hanna really annoying with the whole 'four (FOUR!!!) guys falling for her' thing. I mean really? I will still finish it and the series because I am intrigued but I don't think that Cursed are as good as Born because I think there is more to the characters in Born, rather than just sex like in Cursed. Sorry to sound mean but that is just my personal opinion and I am a fan of Tara Brown and her other books.
on 18 February 2014
Kind of expected an ugly monster from seeing the title Hyde, but Hannah is anything but.
From confused passions with Marcus that really do make you blush, to true love in the arms of another( no I'm not going to spoil it and say who) you really feel like part of her life and just want to give her a cuddle better.
Everything from the first two books link in with Aimee and ari, not to mention aleks and Shane playing their part as ever.
on 7 June 2013
Really great book ,lots of detail and twists& turns and more history about the other characters. Lots of romance added in this book, can understand how emotions can make a difference between people and what it can make them do. Totally unexpected twist at the end really surprised me, didn't think so many characters would leave, anticipating the next book in the series to be very interesting!!!!!!!!!
on 7 October 2013
oh hanna this book is great i love this series and this one covers the story of hanna daughter of doctor hyde but also daughter of a siren so whilst trying to keep the beast tamed she has to deal with blokes lusting after her plus fighting off the avances of marcus the head of the vampires very hot vamp