Assassin's Creed 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
Platform: Nintendo Wii U|Edition: Standard Edition|Change
Price:£15.90+ Free shipping

on 6 December 2012
This is my first Assassins Creed game, but from the first two hours of playtime, I'm very impressed. The graphics are gorgeous, the story is gripping, the missions very varied and the fighting is also very good. Boston looks especially fantastic, as it is a bustling city and I really can picture it from the 17th century now.
on 20 November 2017
Disc came only with no box and lightly packaged in bubble wrap. Game skips every 10 seconds and you cannot play it. Will be asking for a refund - played the game elsewhere and is good technically, a good step towards black flag and syndicate as my favourite ACs
on 19 November 2017
Enthralling game can't put it down. Works well with the Wii u game pad.
on 27 January 2013
For the last generation I mainly played the Wii, which obviously had some 3rd Party and graphical issues. Sure I had a 360 however I've only ever used it for GTA IV and The Sims... So, only now I can get 3rd Party games like this on a Nintendo console do I now realize what I've been missing. Assassin's Creed III was like discovering HD gaming for the first time and the story and music has had a significant emotional effect on me. The story mode is absolutely massive and the amount of freedom you get is something I've rarely experienced. The multiplayer is also great on the Wii U and the U-Play features also work well.

Some of the best Wii U specific features are Miiverse (being able to post screenshots and ask for help is great.), touch screen weapon/ item changes (oh and being able to just tap the horse whistle whenever I want rather that having to select it from the menu, use it, then go back to the menu to re-equip a weapon saves a ton of time.) Overall the slightly quicker and refined user interface due to the gamepad makes the game much less frustrating. The fact that I could do this with the gamepad (along with the larger map, which helped stay hidden from enemies many times)actually made me refuse to use gamepad remote play or use the pro controller just because the gamepad makes the experience so much better.

One annoyance however, that straight after I bought it, the game reduced a whole £17 of it's price which is just a crazy amount and I feel quite cheated. However for people who haven't bought it yet, at the reduced price, it is a whole lot more worth it.
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 December 2012
As much as I loved my Wii and have had, many hours of fun with my family with it. There were always certain games that I really wanted to have and play which were on the PS3. I would say my patience has paid off because the Wii U version is the best. The reason for this is the Wii U GamePad which allows me to play the full game with the tv switched off. If I'm in a middle of a game no longer do I need to quit, if my partner or daughter want to watch the tv. One can play on the Wii U like a 3DS, which is very cool and Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition (Nintendo Wii U) can also be played like this. The first thing that hit me with Assassin's Creed III is the graphics really are stunning, from inside the opera house, at sea, in cities on the roof-tops and outside in woods with the snow and all the wildlife. The story is really gripping and has got me hooked right in. There are many different people friend or foe, which you encounter on your journey and I must say the voice acting has impressed me a lot as well. I have fond the combat to be smooth and fluid. I like doing Stealth kills the best and the way Conner can climb buildings and jump from roof to roof, it really does make you feel like a deadly assassin. Picking locks by using the two control sticks is a clever way of using the controls. The sheer scope and size of this game is breathtaking and if you like this game, then you will also really in enjoy Batman Arkham City which has similar sytle of gameplay in many ways.
on 8 June 2013
Amazing game great graphics great game play highly recommend, great use of wiiu game pad download extras from the ubisoft app on wiiu
on 1 February 2013
I have played about 10 hours of this game and i must admit... it's incredible.

Good: The gameplay and graphics are awesome, the story is very deep and the ''feel'' is authentic. Incredible views, great voice acting and generally... just immersive

Bad: Since playing, my Wii U has, for some reason, crashed twice.

Verdict: As i have not completed the game yet, this score is indicative of my experience so far: 9/10

Great, great game
on 7 June 2013
Assasin's Creed 3 is a good game with a fantastic story and great graphics and playability. A must have in everyone's WiiU library.
on 4 January 2014
I've been extremely lucky I feel, I played the previous 3 Assassin's Creed games on my XBOX and after picking up the Wii U at launch I have made it my console of choice.

I will admit I was slightly hesitant about picking up the title as internet reviews said that it had some performance issues. I have spent a good amount of time 30+ hours exploring the world and have only noticed the odd frame rate issue but all the AC games on my XBOX had and seeing what is being generated its a minor issue.

The game itself is set in the New World, the transition as the world loads around you is stunning!

Gameplay feels fluid as you bound over roof tops, climb walls, perform aerial keeps all with excellent animation. Some of combat feels occasionally awkward even if its in your favour, taking on 4 men shouldn't be that easy!

The main story has quite an amount of depth to it but add on the various side quests and the game has a serious amount to offer.

Overall another great addition to the Wii U library!
on 14 October 2014
If only the opening wasn't so slow past the excellent intro as Haytham Kenway.... lead character Connor takes far too long to become interesting and is a sincere oddity after the truly charismatic joy of the Ezio trilogy. Mechanically the game is still excellent if not for the increased hand-holding and lack of freedom until MUCH later into the game than any player would expect. Having played the game on both 360 & WiiU I will however say the series has NEVER played better than with the GamePad. The cleaner UI and faster play offered is a joy to use.