on 18 September 2013
Buy an Archos at your own risk. While the products themselves are of debatable quality their support procedures are of the lowest. Having had the same unit replaced 3 times due to them just refusing to charge, I now am in a position of them refusing to replace because its outwith the original units warranty date. Never had one of them that lasted more than 6 months. Utter rubbish.
on 23 August 2013
I bought two of them for my sons first broke in a week time and second one in few days after. I sent them back to arnova and got two absolutely new ones and both of them broke again in one month. I wouldn't recommend their products to anyone. It's better to spend more money and buy an iPad.
on 29 July 2012
Nice little tablet BBC iplayer Adobe Flash and Google play store as well worth the money good screen

micro SD thousands of APPs Hours of Fun

can access and install Google play its so easy Via there own app store installed on the tablet in about ten minutes direct no USB connection needed

Bargain
on 5 January 2013
My disabled son bought an Archos Arnova 7 tablet in June 2012. Screen was easy to read and use and it was quite responsive. He loved it. It was only used at weekends to play downloaded games but within 5 months charging the unit had become problematic - and how! It's now taking 24 hours to charge 1 per cent - yes, ONE per cent. Clearly there's something wrong with either the unit or the battery. Unfortunately Archos's customer support is non existant. There's a premium rate phone number. The alternative is an International one. Emails seem to be a waste of time.

If you have a unit that functions as it should, great. But if you have one that goes wrong, be warned, just about all you can do is bin it even if it is still in warranty.

I'm very disappointed with this product and customer support. I won't chance buying another.
on 2 August 2012
I'd been considering buying a tablet for a while - I use a laptop on a nightly basis but figured it would be good to get something that was easy to carry round and that gave me access to things like Facebook and Email with little hassle.

Initially my thoughts immediately went to iPad - however the more I thought about it I couldn't really justify the price tag given that I had a laptop that I could still use - if anything getting a tablet wasn't a necessity.
Then I came across the Arnova 10G3 - it was cheap - and despite reading some less than flattering reviews I parted with £125 (A special offer price)

Loading it up was easy - I am anything but computer minded but the set up literally runs itself.

Connecting to the internet was simple - the tablet searched - found my network and then I was away.

Browsing the internet was easy - I was able to visit my regular sites however a word of warning - the keyboard takes some getting used to - it can be frustrating hitting the touch screen something I have never had issues with before on other touch screen items - but after a while you get used to it.

I had a play around the various apps that had downloaded and was fairly happy.

The battery was doing ok - all was well - however logging onto the `app store' my views soon changed - basically it wasn't very good.

After reading about the firmware I downloaded it and this changed my whole perception - the apps for youtube, facebook, twitter etc all downloaded like a dream - and its turn what was a standard good price tablet into a slick little machine at a fraction of the price of an iPad.

So to review -

Pros
* Cheap
* Ideal for use on things like checking hotmail and facebook
* Video is clear and quick
* Built in camera not the best but would work as a webcam
* Downloading the firmware thing turns it into a much better machine in terms of apps.

Cons
* Keypad not the best
* Can stick from time to time.

In summary you get a nice tablet - easy to use - for a great price.

Don't expect miracles but for the price this is fantastic - you won't be writing essays on it but for a quick log on to check the internet or facebook this will do the business!
11 Comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 November 2012
I purchased this tablet at the end of July and since then I have only been able to use it for a few hours!! The first 8G3 I purchased I had to return to the store where I purchased it due to re-charging issues. This is the second and it has the same problems. Constant rebooting when the battery is low. It won't take a charge and refuses to start up. Customer service is horrible, I emailed them several times and got no response. I finally had to call them. I got the RMA email this morning and now I have to provide a receipt to prove its still in warranty!!!! Didn't they just start making these??? How could it be out of warranty??? I will never buy another product from ARNOVA!!! Stay Away from this company fellow Americans!
on 28 January 2013
Very good tablet, very easy to use slim and compact and does everything you would expect from a tablet. Quick download and fast n effective, very happy with the purchase
on 27 May 2013
Whilst the product itself is fine for the price, Arnova must have one of the worst customer service departments in the world!

Firstly, you can't actually speak to them, which is VERY STRANGE! The UK number given is diverted to a technical support team in another country.

Secondly, my wife has now been waiting for 3 WEEKS for a replacement charger! She hasn't been able to use her 10b 3g Tablet for over 2 weeks...I wouldn't be surprised if she's lost all her apps because it's been dead for so long! It worries me that if they can't even send out a replacement charger in a few days, what would happen if a product needs returned???

My advice to anyone reading this is avoid Arnova at all costs!!!
on 24 December 2013
Impressive customer care,on time delivery..good product.much impressed with the valutec team except the particular product is giving me som issues.but overall its ayt.
on 11 October 2014