on 27 July 2014
It is not working in the countries i do visit, I don't think it is TP-Link problem but I think there is special products for the ISP's in the Countries I do visit so I do have to buy a local version in each country, have 14 until now.
VINE VOICEon 14 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Mobile connectivity via USB dongle is nothing new, but having said dongle not locked to a specific network sim is very hard to find. The darn things are exorbitant (bent a Vodaphone Huawei and it cost me a tenner more for a replacement)

This works plug and play. Vodaphone gives pretty good coverage so I had no discernible difference. TP link gives a very wide range of compatible networks globally on its site.

I am a fan of the 3g wifi routers and it worked equally well with both TPLink and Zoom's offerings.

The deduction of 1 star is the fact that you have to slide the cover off to insert SIM and microSD. The Huawei allows quick access with slots at the side.

I would also recommend

1)getting a USB male female cable (not supplied) which would allow better signal finding (hang dongle out the window) AND protect the dongle from getting bent.
2) if you're after connectivity only, it is best to not used the microSD slot as there is a perceptible delay in initially establishing broadband connection.
on 10 November 2012
I chose this as the supplier is UK based resulting in a 2 day delivery time rather than waiting for it to come from China. Comes packed in an cardboard envelope with the Amplifier in the pictured box, which makes it too fat to be posted through a letter box. There is no power supply or instructions included with it.

This is small in size but allows for two inputs L+R phono sockets and a 3.5mm jack socket which are mixed together, so if you only want listen to one input the other device needs to be switched off or disconnected. Two pairs of spring loaded speaker terminals are fitted, which I am using to drive a pair of 6 ohm 40W Yamaha speakers. There is a small pop from the speakers when switching the Amp on only.
The tone controls provide a moderate amount of boost or cut and all controls are smooth and crackle free in operation. The amp only gets warm at mid volume levels.
The down sides are that there is no built headphone output socket and the light show behind the volume control still changes colour even when there is no input.

Output power: 800W Max!- more like the 2 x 10W RMS and handles speakers of 4 to 16 ohms impedance.
Input sensitivity: 0.25mV to 50mV at 4.7k ohm input impedance.
Signal/Noise ratio: -100db, Frequency range of 20Hz to 20kHz.
Power supply: 12Volt at 5 Amps. (I am using a 12V 1A mains adapter at 50% volume with out any problems.)
The USB socket is only for charging a portable player or mobile phone this will require the use of a 3 to 5 Amp power supply to prevent noise or distortion.
on 14 March 2012
I have a pair of sound box sitting idle as the music system crashed...with this amplifier now I can use my PC or iphone to play music through the sound box. The sound comes clear, nice bass and treble control... volume control could have been better means sound could not be increased to a level it was possible with the original music system, but I can live with it. Only downside is, it does not come with a power adaptor, so you have to buy it seperately. I had an old adaptor from a wireless router, so I had no problem. Nice little gadget with low price.. I would strongly reccomend this.
on 5 April 2013
The device works well and gives a fast, responsive internet connection (even on O2, which when using my SIM card, is limited to ordinary "3G" service at the moment.)

The driver/utility software is well designed. This was a most pleasant surprise to me as most hardware manufacturers (especially modem manufacturers) concentrate on hardware specifications to such an extent that they usually bundle the most awful, outdated, functionally inadequate and badly designed software. NOT SO here: THIS software is a joy to use, very straightforward, and (for a man a huge advantage): I didn't even need to read the manual or "quick start" guide. Just plug in the device and the driver "installation disc" appears as a virtual DVD.
on 7 March 2014
Genius idea for a mobile system. Works fine with Win 7.
If you get an InstallShield error as I did - don't blame TP-LINK - it's your InstallShield regisrty.
A quick fix for that is to run the Setup.exe from NT Authority. (use Sysinternals psexec -i -s cmd.exe and then launch Setup.exe)

Tomorrow gonna test if it possible to boot Live linux from the SD and get the modem to work under linux.
If so - then it is possible to have a "portable linux" system with it's own internet connection. That's perfect for a travelling journalist!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2012
Needed this for a TV. Was initially suprised at the size but it soon became obvious it was fit for purpose, easy to set up and use and as a bonus looks good. I was aware that no power cable was supplied so had already made plans (using a cable from a redundant router).

Good product for the price.
on 16 June 2013
i work away from home a lot. some hotels have wifi but their range into the room can be questionable. So I bought this along with the TP-Link TL-MR3040 Portable Battery Powered 3G/3.75G Wireless N CABLE Router and connected it to the 3 network/ o2 network/ or whatever network in the country I am in.. easy to set up! a true life saver!
on 22 June 2013
Received in good time, plugged it into my Win8 tablet and installed simple software that worked straight away. Sim fitted into device no problem. Appears well made, no problems 3weeks in.
on 10 February 2015
Excellent, fast mobile internet, works great with my ee 4g/3g data sim no complaints, very pleased!!!!!