Customer reviews

on 24 February 2017
Perfect conditions
on 28 May 2012
As soon as I found 'Shady Love' on Youtube one day early this year from Scissor Sisters I listened to it and my very first thought was their back! I will admit 'Shady Love' took some (a short amount of) time to grow on me but I do think its a real dancing track to get your groove on! However I do believe I am having a love affair with 'Inevitable' & 'Let's Have A Kiki' all at the same time. Yes I do know I have only highlighted a few tracks from 'Magic Hour' but these Scissor Sisters are still here, still completely original, still utterly stunning....more please!
on 13 August 2012
Fabulous album... their best yet I think. love it and can't stop listening to it in the car! Great dance tracks, really upbeat.
on 3 November 2013
I know that some people have reservations because this album has gone in a pop direction, but I love it! The more I listen to it, the more I get addicted. Didn't disappoint me at all - still fabulous as ever. It was the ideal soundtrack for a party I did recently.
on 9 October 2013
I love the scissor sisters, there's no more to say, Perfect Deal!
Each album from this outrages group is different to the one before, and that's wha i like...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 March 2015
Unfortunately the copy of the album I received is scratched badly on two tracks, but that doesn't stop the realisation that this is a great, largely upbeat album. All the elements that make up the Scissor Sisters' sound are present and correct, with no dip in quality despite reaching their fourth album. The whole hangs together well despite five different producers being used including the Scissor Sisters themselves, Stuart Price and Calvin Harris. On some albums this could end up with a cobbled together patchwork - not here as the album bounces along at a great pace, hanging together well. Already a particular favourite, "Let's Have A Kiki" extols the virtues of a gathering, and is even better in its "DJ Nita Remix" form, one of the album's four bonus tracks.

If you like classic hits like "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" and the more balladic "Laura" you already have a good idea of the scope of this album - bouncy pop interspersed with the occasional slower number. It's a natural continuation of a great pop band with a well used formula that hasn't waned a bit. Now, all I need to do is re-order a new, unscratched copy...
on 25 June 2013
Loved 'shady love' and thought 'oh that's a brilliant tune. Scissor Sisters are back with excellent music. Enjoyed 'only the horses' but thought let's have a kiki was just astonishing. If you like these songs you will utterly love the album-sexy,fun,takes you away music-just like those sistas should be. Mmmm hmmm.
on 31 May 2012
There aren't many albums that I listen to 3 times in a 24-hour period, but this is one! Nice mix of styles, mesmerising songs and a worthy successor to "Night Work".
Like most other reviewers on this site, I agree that "Let's Have a Kiki" is the stand out one by far, with its classic Scissor Sisters sense of fun. Saying this, "Shady Love", "Baby Come Home" and "Year of Living Dangerously" are awesome as well.
I was worried about the many different collaborators, but the doubt was uncalled for and everyone who worked on the album have come up with something incredible.

All in all, I loved this album from the first listen (which is strange for me, since it usually takes 3 or 4 listens) and I think that this is a worthy addition to the Sisters' repertoire.

Lock the doors tight!
on 23 August 2012
Coming from their (in my mind) best album to date, Night Work, the Scissor Sisters showcase new tracks and talents for Magic Hour. At first, the album seemed like quite a mix of various songs and styles, but they work perfectly fine either on their own or listening to the album as a whole (the exception being Ms Matronic's Magic Message which only really works if you listen to the album as a whole -- it links in to Let's Have a Kiki).

Overall, very well received album, and even among friends of mine who are not fans it was received reasonably well.
on 28 May 2012
Received Saturday, added to MP3 Sunday, couldn't stop dancing on the sunlounger. Absolutely fantastic, love it and the remixes are wonderful. A very happy Scissor Sisters fan