TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 March 2015
Unfortunately the copy of the album I received is scratched badly on two tracks, but that doesn't stop the realisation that this is a great, largely upbeat album. All the elements that make up the Scissor Sisters' sound are present and correct, with no dip in quality despite reaching their fourth album. The whole hangs together well despite five different producers being used including the Scissor Sisters themselves, Stuart Price and Calvin Harris. On some albums this could end up with a cobbled together patchwork - not here as the album bounces along at a great pace, hanging together well. Already a particular favourite, "Let's Have A Kiki" extols the virtues of a gathering, and is even better in its "DJ Nita Remix" form, one of the album's four bonus tracks.

If you like classic hits like "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" and the more balladic "Laura" you already have a good idea of the scope of this album - bouncy pop interspersed with the occasional slower number. It's a natural continuation of a great pop band with a well used formula that hasn't waned a bit. Now, all I need to do is re-order a new, unscratched copy...
on 31 May 2012
There aren't many albums that I listen to 3 times in a 24-hour period, but this is one! Nice mix of styles, mesmerising songs and a worthy successor to "Night Work".
Like most other reviewers on this site, I agree that "Let's Have a Kiki" is the stand out one by far, with its classic Scissor Sisters sense of fun. Saying this, "Shady Love", "Baby Come Home" and "Year of Living Dangerously" are awesome as well.
I was worried about the many different collaborators, but the doubt was uncalled for and everyone who worked on the album have come up with something incredible.

All in all, I loved this album from the first listen (which is strange for me, since it usually takes 3 or 4 listens) and I think that this is a worthy addition to the Sisters' repertoire.

Lock the doors tight!
on 23 August 2012
Coming from their (in my mind) best album to date, Night Work, the Scissor Sisters showcase new tracks and talents for Magic Hour. At first, the album seemed like quite a mix of various songs and styles, but they work perfectly fine either on their own or listening to the album as a whole (the exception being Ms Matronic's Magic Message which only really works if you listen to the album as a whole -- it links in to Let's Have a Kiki).

Overall, very well received album, and even among friends of mine who are not fans it was received reasonably well.
on 4 April 2016
I don't think this is as good as Ta-Daa or Night Work. Good fun music, but somehow I find myself skipping a lot more tracks in the car than I would for Night Work. No real stand out tracks
on 3 November 2013
I know that some people have reservations because this album has gone in a pop direction, but I love it! The more I listen to it, the more I get addicted. Didn't disappoint me at all - still fabulous as ever. It was the ideal soundtrack for a party I did recently.
on 1 April 2018
Fabulouse
on 12 May 2016
Okay but not as good as there first two albums. Bit too disco without any real substance.
on 8 January 2015
I loved their first two albums. The third was good, but not great. This seems to fall into the same "degenerating into club-esque nonsense" as far too much modern pop.
on 4 August 2013
Both my wife and myself are Sisters fans but this offering is probably the weakest of their cd's to date as it lacks the creativity of their earlier albums. Pity.
on 23 April 2013
This is a big hit with my daughter. She loves it. It came in good time and in perfect condition. All scissors sisters fans would love it. It's really good.