Customer reviews

Marumi 40mm UV Haze Filter
Size: Marumi 49mm UV Filter|Change

on 13 September 2013
This filter arrived in good time and seems to be giving good service on my camera. It certainly provides suitable protection for my Fuji camera lens and still accepts the metal lens cap.
on 28 March 2013
When I bought a Fuji X10, for which there were a lot of "pros"", one of the "cons" was the lens filter size. Apart from a polarising filter, most effects can be achieved with Photoshop these days, so my primary requirement was for lens protection. A simple search found this 40mm UV filter. No step-up/down converters, just screw it in and forget it. And it was only a tenner!
on 2 August 2015
I read reviews, and was apprehensive as they were not good, I have used it with my 150-600 mm Tamron lens and it has worked superbly on wildlife and surfing shots (used ISO 200), the shutter speed is not reduced and in a review I read it said about a grainy finish has thankfully not happened. E
on 24 June 2014
When I first purchased the Fuji X20, I was persuaded to buy a somewhat elaborate lens hood, adaptor ring, 52 mm Haze filter combination. I did not like the way this placed the 52mm filter well in front for the camera lens, increasing risk of flare. I purchased the Marumi UV Filter and found it a perfect fit, and the lens hood previously purchased screws into it without any problem. The filter looks and feels a quality item.
on 31 May 2014
Even though the image shown if silver I received a black filter. I was then told that a silver filter doesn't actually exist... a google search seems to confirm this and I am left with a black filter for my silver camera! I would have returned if I was able to find the silver elsewhere, but no joy! Apparently the default picture is set by amazon so cannot be changed. Wish I had read the reviews prior to purchasing now!
on 7 October 2014
I have not really used the filter in anger so I can't comment on its optical quality, although initial inspection appears good. What I can confirm is that it fits my X10 perfectly. So I would assume it will do likewise for the X20 and X30.
on 22 July 2014
WARNING , this lens filter for the x10/20 causes Vignetting when zoomed in to the max or past 50mm. After trying this one out to save some money on getting the propper fuji hood and filter set it is going back to amazon! nearly all of my photos since putting this on have bad Vignetting. this can be taken out by cropping a little but its not good and should be mentioned. The fuji filter edges out out a little before you attach the hood so you dont get the Vignetting but this one comes straight out and you do see the effect.

Its ok if you can put up with the Vignetting but fr a bit more i would get the propper filter hood set from fuji
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 May 2014
Pretty simple and inexpensive way of both tidying up my photo's and protecting the lens on my NEX-5.
Fits the lens nicely and I'm happy with the subtle improvement in my landscape photo's.
on 17 May 2014
Being an old-fashioned person I think my cameras ought to have UV filters. This one comes from a good maker and fits the camera perfectly. Nothing more to say.
on 6 January 2015
Does the job...........although I'm not a fan of UV filters and have always shied away from using them on my DSLR. Simply decided to get this one as protection for the lens in addition to using a lens hood. That way I can dispense with the need for a lens cap.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse