Customer reviews

Marumi 40mm UV Haze Filter
Size: Marumi 49mm UV Filter|Change
Price:£10.14+ Free shipping

on 8 April 2014
I wanted a simple UV protective filter for my new Fuji X20. I didn't want to spend crazy money on the official lens hood, adaptor, and filter set (I didn't want a lens hood!) so I got this. Pleased to say it fits perfectly and the lens cover that came with the camera fits over it fine. The quality of this filter is comparable to similar offerings from Hoya so I have no concerns about quality, given that I'd never heard of this Japanese filter brand. Recommended. One important point: to get the product I got, order direct from Amazon.co.uk rather than 3rd-party sellers. Mine is black; there doesn't seem to be any option to specify black/silver in the ordering process.
review image review image
on 15 September 2017
I'd never heard of these filters before this purchase but I certainly know about them now. I read a few positive reviews before purchasing but it still felt too good to be true. These are half the price of Hoya equivalent in the large 95mm size required for my Sigma 150-600 zoom. Fear not. The quality of this filter is at least as good as anything else I've used. The includes Hoya, Sigma and Kenko. There is no degradation of image quality using this filter. That's all I ask of a UV filter! The lens is no more susceptible to flare and of course the front element is now protected. As a bonus, these are not low profile filters, so the metal filter holder is quite deep which means that the lens cap still clips on securely.
on 20 March 2016
A quality filter , slim mount and good glass. Most importantly was the availablity of the unusual 40mm mount. Fits perfectly on my Canon RF lens. It's only a pity that this manufacturer doesn't make other filters in this rare size. I'd love an orange or red .
on 12 April 2017
Was a bit dubious about buying the marumi filter at first, was warned off by a couple of professional photographer friends. However, having ignored their advice, im really pleased, no complaints at all. High qualiity product, surprisingly chunky and solid feeling.
on 23 September 2017
Perfect fit for my Fujifilm X10 Compact Camera.
Protects the front element as well.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 7 June 2014
Whilst UV filters are of limited use for digital cameras (they can be handy for film exposures which are more liable to the effects of UV) many use them as protection for lenses

I won't get into the debate on this one, just to say it's handy to have a few around if you need them (even if you don't use them all the time) I've used both the Marumi MC and normal ones. This one is the one to go for, the MC stands for "multi coated" and is better able to resist flare. The standard one isn't bad (it's a bit cheaper) but honestly this is the one to go for

Build is good, not as low profile as the DHG range (digital high grade they have smaller frames) but performance is very good with no obvious loss to image sharpness and good resistance to flare. A decent option for reasonable cost lens protection.
on 5 September 2013
What more can be said. Oh, that I always buy Marumi filters. Excellent quality and performance. This one fits the non-standard size Fuji lens perfectly without the Fuji hood / adaptor being required.
on 26 July 2014
I bought this to go on a Fuji X10. It fits well. There is no discernable vignetting, even at 28mm and F2. The Fuji lens hood screws into the filter, and with that fitted there is also no vignetting. I took some test shots with and without the filter; there was no obvious loss of detail. I have seen noticeable loss of detail from a cheap UV filter, and I don't see a comparable loss with the Marumi.

I am unsure whether this filter is multi-coated. I compared it against a Hoya HMC UV(c). The angles at which reflections became visible was similar with both filters, however I think the Hoya reflects less light than the Marumi. But of course, you can't get a 40mm Hoya, and you can get a 40mm Marumi.

All in all, a decent UV filter that fits well on the Fuji X10.
on 26 March 2013
Great filter - does exactly what you'd expect and fits a Fuji x10 filter threat perfectly.
I've not had any ghosting problems so far with it at all, which can be a problem with cheaper filters.
on 28 March 2013
When I bought a Fuji X10, for which there were a lot of "pros"", one of the "cons" was the lens filter size. Apart from a polarising filter, most effects can be achieved with Photoshop these days, so my primary requirement was for lens protection. A simple search found this 40mm UV filter. No step-up/down converters, just screw it in and forget it. And it was only a tenner!

See one answered question